Chicago Cubs News
- Here's each team's new Top 30 Prospects liston August 11, 2020 at 6:30 pm
- GM Hoyer discusses Cubs' unexpected layoffon August 10, 2020 at 11:20 pm
- We have a new No. 1 atop Power Rankingson August 10, 2020 at 5:00 pm
- Here is each team's top MVP candidateon August 10, 2020 at 2:56 am
- Ross on Happ: 'He's the real deal'on August 9, 2020 at 9:34 pm
Kimbrel, Mills among pitchers to get work in during scrimmage
- Indians pitcher Mike Clevinger will miss his start against the Cubs after violating team COVID-19 protocolson August 11, 2020 at 1:13 am
Indians starter Mike Clevinger flew home with his teammates despite knowing he had broken the club’s COVID-19 protocols by going out with right-hander Zach Plesac during Cleveland’s weekend trip to Chicago, according to a person familiar with the situation.
- David Ross says the Cubs don’t need a lecture on COVID-19 protocols after incidents on other teams, while Jed Hoyer concedes a playoff bubble may be in baseball’s ‘best interests’on August 10, 2020 at 10:49 pm
General manager Jed Hoyer said he hopes the Chicago Cubs can cut into some of the thick layers of stress in fans’ lives, caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the looting in downtown Chicago early Monday.
- Thursday’s Cardinals-Tigers doubleheader is postponed to allow more time for additional COVID-19 testingon August 10, 2020 at 10:07 pm
A doubleheader between the St. Louis Cardinals and Detroit Tigers this week is being postponed to allow more time for additional COVID-19 testing.
- Column: The sports world takes a back seat when our city is in distresson August 10, 2020 at 9:20 pm
A lot is going on in the sports world that needs to be discussed right now, but the real world keeps getting in the way. Yes, sports are a nice diversion, but what good is watching games when our city is in distress?
- Adding a changeup won’t be part of Craig Kimbrel’s attempt to rebound from a poor start for the Cubson August 10, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Chicago Cubs manager David Ross frowns on the possibility of Craig Kimbrel incorporating a changeup because of the effects on his arm slot.
News from Around MLB
- Trout goes deep twice, including dagger in eighthon August 11, 2020 at 7:12 pm
Mike Trout hit two home runs, including a tiebreaking shot in the eighth inning, and the Los Angeles Angels rallied from an early five-run deficit to snap Oakland's nine-game winning streak with a 10-9 victory on Monday.
- Mets pitcher Stroman opts out of 2020 seasonon August 11, 2020 at 7:12 pm
New York Mets starting pitcher Marcus Stroman announced Monday that he is opting out of the 2020 season.
- Clevinger to miss start after violating protocolon August 11, 2020 at 7:12 pm
Mike Clevinger will miss his scheduled start Tuesday after the team learned that he accompanied teammate Zach Plesac on a night out in Chicago.
- Athletics' Laureano: Vile remark led to brawlon August 11, 2020 at 7:12 pm
Astros hitting coach Alex Cintron made a vile comment to Athletics outfielder Ramon Laureano regarding his mother, prompting Laureano to charge the Astros' bench Sunday, Laureano told ESPN on Monday.
- Sources: MLB mulls playoff bubble-type formaton August 11, 2020 at 7:12 pm
MLB has had preliminary discussions about holding its postseason in a bubble-type format after the coronavirus outbreaks on the Cardinals and Marlins wreaked havoc on the regular-season schedule, sources familiar with the conversations told ESPN.
- MLB Buy or Sell: Fernando Tatis Jr.'s power surge for Padres and the Athletics' early-season dominanceon August 11, 2020 at 5:06 pm
Should we buy into Tatis' hot start? What about the Oakland Athletics -- are the A's a true World Series contender?
- MLB DFS: Optimal DraftKings, FanDuel daily Fantasy baseball picks, strategy, stacks for Aug. 11, 2020on August 11, 2020 at 3:30 pm
SportsLine's Mike McClure, a DFS pro with nearly $2M in winnings, gives optimal lineup advice.
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton to miss 3-4 weeks with hamstring strain, per reporton August 11, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Stanton suffered the injury while running the bases against the Rays on Saturday
- MLB returns to Buffalo for first time in 105 years: Exploring the city's rich baseball historyon August 11, 2020 at 2:36 pm
The Blue Jays will call Sahlen Field home for the next two months
- Four reasons why the Rockies look like legitimate contenders in MLB's shortened seasonon August 11, 2020 at 1:56 pm
Colorado has been one of the pleasant surprises of the 2020 season thus far
- Take me outside the ballgame: Phandemic Krew cheers Phillieson August 11, 2020 at 6:27 pm
The loudest Philadelphia Phillies fans this season are found outside the ballpark
- This Date in Baseballon August 11, 2020 at 2:09 pm
This Date in Baseball for August 12, 2020
- Kittredge expected to start for Tampa Bay at Bostonon August 11, 2020 at 7:05 am
The Boston Red Sox host the Tampa Bay Rays
- Clippard scheduled to start for Minnesota at Milwaukeeon August 11, 2020 at 7:05 am
The Milwaukee Brewers face the Minnesota Twins
- Bundy expected to start for Los Angeles against Oaklandon August 11, 2020 at 7:05 am
The Los Angeles Angels square off against the Oakland Athletics
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
History of Franchise
League: National League
Division: Central Division
|Owner(s)||Thomas S. Ricketts, Laura Ricketts, Pete Ricketts, Todd Ricketts, Joe Ricketts|
|General Manager||Jed Hoyer|
|President of Baseball Operations||Theo Epstein|
Arena/Stadium: Wrigley Field
Major league titles
World Series titles: (3)
1907 1908 2016
NL Pennants: (17)
1876 1880 1881 1882 1885 1886 1906 1907 1908 1910 1918 1929 1932 1935 1938 1945 2016
Central Division titles: (5)
2003 2007 2008 2016 2017
East Division titles: (2)
Wild card berths: (3)
1998 2015 2018
Chicago Cubs Podcasts
- Arlo Whiteon August 6, 2020 at 2:49 pm
NBC Sports Premier League commentator Arlo White shares his unlikely story of becoming a Cubs fan, comparisons between return to play for MLB and the EPL and his favorite moments at Wrigley Field.
- Len Kasper and Jim Deshaieson July 30, 2020 at 2:44 pm
Baseball is back! Len & JD share their thoughts about the 2020 season so far and catch up with Taylor McGregor from the road.
- Jed Hoyeron July 23, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Jed Hoyer, Cubs GM and executive VP, shares a glimpse into the season ahead, including games without fans and battling COVID-19 on the road.
- Jon "Boog" Sciambion July 16, 2020 at 5:04 pm
Len and JD span the globe with Jon "Boog" Sciambi as they talk the KBO, COVID-19 and David Ross' prospects as the newest manager of the Cubs.
- Tom Rickettson July 9, 2020 at 2:46 pm
Cubs owner Tom Ricketts joins the podcast to discuss growing up a baseball fan, his favorite Cubs moments and the 2020 60-game season return.
Chicago Cubs All Time Home Runs
1. Sammy Sosa 545
2. Ernie Banks 512
3. Billy Williams 392
4. Ron Santo 337
5. Ryne Sandberg 282
6. Aramis Ramirez 239
7. Gabby Hartnett 231
8. Bill Nicholson 205
9. Hank Sauer 198
10. Anthony Rizzo 192
Chicago Cubs All Time Runs Batted In
1. Cap Anson 1880
2. Ernie Banks 1636
3. Sammy Sosa 1414
4. Billy Williams 1353
5. Ron Santo 1290
6. Gabby Hartnett 1153
7. Ryne Sandberg 1061
8. Mark Grace 1004
9. Jimmy Ryan 914
10. Phil Cavarretta 896
Chicago Cubs All Time Batting Average
1. Bill Madlock .336
Riggs Stephenson .336
3. Cap Anson .331
Ray Grimes .331
5. Bill Lange .330
6. Kiki Cuyler .325
7. Bill Everitt .323
8. Hack Wilson .322
9. King Kelly .316
10. George Gore .315
Chicago Cubs All Time Wins
1. Charlie Root 201
2. Mordecai Brown 188
3. Bill Hutchinson 180
4. Larry Corcoran 175
5. Fergie Jenkins 167
6. Guy Bush 152
Clark Griffith 152
8. Hippo Vaughn 151
9. Bill Lee 139
10. John Clarkson 137
Chicago Cubs All Time Strikeouts
1. Fergie Jenkins 2038
2. Carlos Zambrano 1542
3. Kerry Wood 1470
4. Charlie Root 1432
5. Rick Reuschel 1367
6. Greg Maddux 1305
7. Bill Hutchinson 1225
8. Hippo Vaughn 1138
9. Larry Corcoran 1086
10. Bob Rush 1076
Chicago Cubs All Time Earned Run Average
1. Al Spalding 1.78
2. Mordecai Brown 1.80
3. Jack Pfiester 1.85
4. Orval Overall 1.94
5. Jake Weimer 2.14
6. Ed Reulbach 2.24
7. Larry Corcoran 2.26
8. Phil Douglas 2.29
9. Hippo Vaughn 2.33
10. Terry Larkin 2.34
Popular Sports Sites