Colorado Rockies News
- Notes: Workout test run, Blackmon, starterson July 4, 2020 at 1:26 am
- MLB, MLBPA reveal first COVID-19 test resultson July 3, 2020 at 8:51 pm
- Inbox: How will Black handle pitchers early?on July 3, 2020 at 12:29 am
- 1 future star to watch from the 30 player poolson July 2, 2020 at 10:12 pm
- Undrafted righty Goldsberry agrees with Rockieson July 1, 2020 at 10:29 pm
- Rockies crush Giants at Coors Field in MLB The Show 20on July 4, 2020 at 5:00 pm
With the start of the Major League Baseball season postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, we here at The Denver Post took a look at how the Rockies would fare in MLB The Show 20 on PlayStation 4. We will have a story for every game that had been scheduled until real-life baseball returns. Here’s a look at the virtual Rockies’ preseason preview. Entering Friday's game, the Rockies were 58-29.
- Saunders: Major League Baseball has a chance to lead during these troubling timeson July 4, 2020 at 12:00 pm
As a baseball fan and a sportswriter, Patrick Saunders writes that he's looking forward to the game's return. But it all feels a bit hollow considering what's going on in our nation right now.
- Rockies Insider: With Colorado’s farm teams potentially extinct, remember the state’s first and most memorable minor league franchiseson July 4, 2020 at 12:00 pm
As Colorado's in presumptive mourning over the potential loss of its farm teams in Grand Junction and Colorado Springs due to Minor League Baseball's proposed contraction ahead of 2021, let's take a moment to appreciate the state's minor league roots.
- Rockies players report to Coors Field in better shape than expected, manager Bud Black sayson July 4, 2020 at 1:22 am
The Rockies reported to summer camp Friday at Coors Field and Bud Black was very pleased with what he saw.
- AL MVP Trout still doesn’t feel comfortable about this yearon July 3, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Reigning American League MVP Mike Trout participated in the Los Angeles Angels first workout of summer camp, but said before Friday's practice that he hasn't made a final decision on playing this year.
News from Around MLB
- Freeman among four Braves to test positiveon July 4, 2020 at 6:03 pm
Freddie Freeman, a four-time All-Star who batted .295 last season and set career highs with 38 homers and 121 RBIs, is one of four Braves players to test positive for the coronavirus. The others are Will Smith, Touki Toussaint and Pete Kozma.
- The 2020 MLB season is a series of tests -- and the first big one came Fridayon July 4, 2020 at 5:21 pm
Friday's release of initial COVID-19 testing numbers as training camps open is an important first step for Major League Baseball's return, but it is just the beginning.
- Indians to examine 'best path forward' for nameon July 4, 2020 at 2:31 pm
The Cleveland Indians will "determine the best path forward" regarding their team name amid renewed calls for racial equality and social justice, the team announced in a statement Friday.
- Mike Trout has his doubts about the 2020 MLB season. He isn't aloneon July 4, 2020 at 2:07 pm
Baseball's best player is the public face of private concerns many in the game are grappling with as summer camp starts during a pandemic.
- Fantasy baseball podcast: "Sugar," Bias and structuring your 60-game fantasy seasonon July 4, 2020 at 1:54 pm
Joon Lee talks optimism about the shortened season, Ivy League culture and the movie "Sugar."
- If the Cleveland Indians change their team name, here are some of the best optionson July 4, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Cleveland is considering dropping the Indians in favor of another team nickname
- Thanks again to labor strife, we'll have no baseball on the Fourth of July for the second time since 1871on July 4, 2020 at 1:19 pm
It happened in 1981, and now it happened again in 2020
- Former MVP Dale Murphy thinks Frank Robinson's name should replace Kenesaw Mountain Landis' on trophieson July 4, 2020 at 2:44 am
Landis helped maintain segregation in baseball during his tenure as commissioner, but his name remains on the AL and NL MVP trophies
- Cleveland Indians to consider changing team nameon July 4, 2020 at 1:07 am
Teams using Native American imagery and references have been a source of controversy in sports
- How COVID-19 is impacting MLB: Tracking teams with positive cases and players who have opted outon July 4, 2020 at 12:16 am
Here are the latest coronavirus updates for MLB teams
- Braves star Freeman, 3 others test positive for viruson July 4, 2020 at 4:10 pm
Atlanta Braves four-time All-Star Freddie Freeman, premier reliever Will Smith and two teammates have tested positive for the coronavirus
- This Date in Baseballon July 4, 2020 at 3:07 pm
This Date in Baseball for July 5
- Cleveland Indians look into changing name amid pressureon July 4, 2020 at 12:49 am
The Cleveland Indians are reviewing their contentious nickname
- 31 MLB players, 7 staff test positive for COVID-19on July 4, 2020 at 12:49 am
Thirty-one Major League Baseball players and seven staff members tested positive for COVID-19 during intake for the resumption of training, a rate of 1.2%.
- Tatis Jr. wears mask during workout; Pham tests positiveon July 4, 2020 at 12:23 am
Tatis Jr. wears mask during workout; Pham tests positive
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
History of Franchise
League: National League
Division: West Division
|Owner(s)||The Monfort brothers|
|General Manager||Jeff Bridich|
|President of Baseball Operations||Jeff Bridich|
Arena/Stadium: Coors Field
|Major league titles|
|World Series titles (0)||None|
|NL Pennants (1)||2007|
|West Division titles (0)||None|
|Wild card berths (5)|
Colorado Rockies Podcasts
- 2/7/19: Rockies Extras | Arenado's future in Coloradoon February 7, 2019 at 5:40 pm
MLB.com's Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss the latest with Nolan Arenado's contract and if a long-term deal is possible before the season starts. Plus, they talk about which pitchers could step up to fill the void left by Adam Ottavino.
- 1/30/19: Rockies Extras | Expectations for Wade Davison January 30, 2019 at 6:04 pm
As Spring Training draws closer, Nolan Arenado and the club are still without a deal. MLB.com's Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss the impact once players report for camp. Plus, they highlight Wade Davis and his expectations for 2019.
- 1/25/19: Rockies Extras | Walker falls short of HOFon January 25, 2019 at 6:48 pm
MLB.com's Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss Larry Walker not getting into the Hall this year and his chances of getting selected in his final year on the ballot. Plus, they highlight Jeff Hoffman, who is hoping for a chance to make the starting rotation.
- 1/15/19: Rockies Extras | Arenado's contracton January 15, 2019 at 7:17 pm
Deal or no deal. MLB.com's Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss the latest in salary negotiations between Nolan Arenado and the club. Plus, they highlight Charlie Blackmon, as he transitions out of center field in 2019.
- 1/11/19: Rockies Extras | Arbitration case rundownon January 12, 2019 at 1:26 am
MLB.com's Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss Nolan Arenado rejecting the team's contract offer and potentially setting up an arbitration case. They talk about Trevor Story and Jon Gray coming to an agreement on one-year deals.
Colorado Rockies All Time Home Runs
1. Todd Helton 369
2. Larry Walker 258
3. Vinny Castilla 239
4. Carlos Gonzalez 227
5. Dante Bichette 201
6. Troy Tulowitzki 188
7. Nolan Arenado 186
8. Andres Galarraga 172
9. Charlie Blackmon 140
10. Matt Holliday 130
Colorado Rockies All Time Runs Batted In
1. Todd Helton 1406
2. Larry Walker 848
3. Dante Bichette 826
4. Carlos Gonzalez 749
5. Vinny Castilla 745
6. Troy Tulowitzki 657
7. Nolan Arenado 622
8. Andres Galarraga 579
9. Matt Holliday 486
10. Garrett Atkins 479
Colorado Rockies All Time Batting Average
1. Larry Walker .334
2. Matt Holliday .319
3. Dante Bichette .316
Andres Galarraga .316
Todd Helton .316
6. Juan Pierre .308
7. Ellis Burks .306
8. Charlie Blackmon .302
9. DJ LeMahieu .299
Troy Tulowitzki .299
Colorado Rockies All Time Wins
1. Jorge De La Rosa 86
2. Aaron Cook 72
3. Jeff Francis 64
4. Jason Jennings 58
5. Ubaldo Jimenez 56
6. Pedro Astacio 53
7. Jon Gray 43
8. Kevin Ritz 39
9. Jhoulys Chacin 38
German Marquez 38
Colorado Rockies All Time Strikeouts
1. Jorge De La Rosa 985
2. Ubaldo Jimenez 773
3. Pedro Astacio 749
4. Jeff Francis 742
5. Jon Gray 670
6. Jason Jennings 622
7. German Marquez 563
8. Aaron Cook 558
9. Jhoulys Chacin 514
10. Brian Fuentes 470
Colorado Rockies All Time Earned Run Average
1. Ubaldo Jimenez 3.66
2. Jhoulys Chacin 3.78
3. Tyler Chatwood 4.18
4. German Marquez 4.30
5. Jorge De La Rosa 4.35
6. Jon Gray 4.46
7. Aaron Cook 4.53
8. Jason Hammel 4.63
9. Armando Reynoso 4.65
10. Jason Jennings 4.74
Popular Sports Sites