Colorado Rockies News
- Tapia a spark but Rox seal losing seasonon September 24, 2020 at 6:14 am
- González wraps series in San Franciscoon September 24, 2020 at 5:06 am
Righty Chi Chi González, who will start the 1:45 p.m. MT series finale against the Giants on Thursday (live on MLB.TV), saw his Spring Training halted just as he was making a move for a rotation spot, then was injured in his first start. But he is coming off mostly decent work against the Dodgers on Sunday that went unrewarded, mainly because of two pitches to Chris Taylor (a triple and a homer). He is taking a positive view at his strange year. "That's baseball; it's life," González said. "You can't choose it, so I've learned a lot from this year. We've all learned a lot from each other as well. No matter what the outcome is, I got to play in the big leagues again, and with the awesome team and coaches."
- Dahl done (shoulder); Oberg has surgeryon September 24, 2020 at 1:49 am
- Rox bitten again by late-game struggleson September 23, 2020 at 6:49 am
- McMahon feeling at 'home' filling in at 3Bon September 23, 2020 at 1:47 am
- Rockies’ struggles continue with loss against Giantson September 24, 2020 at 5:13 am
The 2020 Rockies are like those Hallmark Christmas romance movies.
- Rockies’ David Dahl goes on injured list; Scott Oberg has surgery for blood clotson September 23, 2020 at 11:13 pm
Rockies outfielder David Dahl, who's played sparingly this season as he's battled various injuries, was placed on the 45-day injured list Wednesday with a right shoulder strain and will miss the final six games of the season.
- Rockies Mailbag: Looking forward at Nolan Arenado, hands-on owner Dick Monfort, bullpen woes and moreon September 23, 2020 at 11:45 am
Denver Post sports writer Patrick Saunders with the latest installment of his Rockies Mailbag.
- Rockies’ bullpen gives up three in the seventh in 5-2 loss to Giantson September 23, 2020 at 5:23 am
It was a typical night in San Francisco for the Rockies, where scoring runs is often like chiseling diamonds out of stone. Their 1-for-10 performance with runners in scoring position Tuesday night is a testament to that.
- Carlos Estevez’s slide illustrates Rockies’ bullpen issueson September 23, 2020 at 2:03 am
The Rockies' bullpen has played musical chairs in 2020 and that's one of the main reasons why the team must put together a sizzling finish in its last seven games to have a chance to be one of the National League's eight playoff teams.
News from Around MLB
- How surprise MVP candidate Luke Voit became Yankees' leading sluggeron September 24, 2020 at 6:19 am
Once a farmhand stuck in Memphis, Voit reinvented himself as a home run hero in the Bronx.
- MLB playoff push: Chaos reigns in the NL, plus current postseason bracketon September 24, 2020 at 6:17 am
The Reds keep surging, the Marlins are fading and don't sleep on the Giants. Here's the latest on the scrambled postseason picture.
- Rays wrap up first AL East crown since 2010on September 24, 2020 at 3:30 am
Randy Arozarena homered twice, and the Tampa Bay Rays clinched their first AL East title in 10 years with an 8-5 victory over the New York Mets on Wednesday.
- MLB tabs independent Atlantic as 'partner league'on September 24, 2020 at 3:30 am
Major League Baseball is making the independent Atlantic League its first "partner league," a distinction awarded as the expiration nears for MLB's agreement with the affiliated National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues.
- Fried exits Braves' win after tweaking left ankleon September 24, 2020 at 3:30 am
Braves ace Max Fried injured his ankle while fielding a bunt and was forced to leave his final start of the regular season after just one inning Wednesday, but Atlanta manager Brian Snitker doesn't think the injury is serious.
- Trevor Bauer says he deserves NL Cy Young award after pitching Reds to big win in playoff chaseon September 24, 2020 at 3:35 am
Bauer worked eight dominant innings on short rest against the Brewers on Wednesday
- Rays clinch AL East division title for the first time since 2010on September 24, 2020 at 2:24 am
The Rays are also on target to be the top seed in the AL
- Padres' Mike Clevinger exits Wednesday's start vs. Angels with biceps tightnesson September 23, 2020 at 11:53 pm
Clevinger was scratched from Sunday's start with biceps tightness as well
- MLB awards watch: Has Mariners' Kyle Lewis leapfrogged White Sox's Luis Robert for AL Rookie of the Year?on September 23, 2020 at 5:43 pm
For most of the year, it was assumed Robert would win, but that's long since fallen by the wayside
- MLB Prospect Watch: End-of-season awards for White Sox's Luis Robert, Marlins' Sixto Sanchez and otherson September 23, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Luis Robert, Kyle Lewis and Devin Williams receive recognition
- Nathan Eovaldi spins a gem in Red Sox’s 9-1 win over Orioleson September 24, 2020 at 5:44 am
Boston Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi went six innings, allowing no earned runs on seven hits while striking out eight Baltimore Orioles. Boston got plenty of offense and won, 9-1, on Wednesday evening.
- Ramon Laureano homers in Athletics’ 6-4 win over Dodgerson September 24, 2020 at 5:17 am
Oakland Athletics outfielder Ramon Laureano left the yard as the A's topped the Los Angeles Dodgers, 6-4, in a potential World Series preview.
- Evan Longoria homers as Giants top Rockies, 7-2on September 24, 2020 at 5:04 am
San Francisco Giants third baseman Evan Longoria hit his seventh home run of the season in a 7-2 win over the division-rival Colorado Rockies.
- WATCH: Jordan Luplow lifts Indians to second straight walk-off winon September 24, 2020 at 4:14 am
Luplow swung away on 3-0 and took Gio Gonzalez deep.
- An idle spectator in 2018, Shane Bieber is ready to lead Indians’ rotation in 2020 postseasonon September 24, 2020 at 4:13 am
Bieber looks ahead to his playoff debut.
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
History of Franchise
League: National League
Division: West Division
|Owner(s)||The Monfort brothers|
|General Manager||Jeff Bridich|
|President of Baseball Operations||Jeff Bridich|
Arena/Stadium: Coors Field
|Major league titles|
|World Series titles (0)||None|
|NL Pennants (1)||2007|
|West Division titles (0)||None|
|Wild card berths (5)|
Colorado Rockies Podcasts
- 2/7/19: Rockies Extras | Arenado's future in Coloradoon February 7, 2019 at 6:41 pm
MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss the latest with Nolan Arenado’s contract and if a long-term deal is possible before the season starts. Plus, they talk about which pitchers could step up to fill the void left by Adam Ottavino.
- 1/30/19: Rockies Extras | Expectations for Wade Davison January 30, 2019 at 7:07 pm
As Spring Training draws closer, Nolan Arenado and the club are still without a deal. MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss the impact once players report for camp. Plus, they highlight Wade Davis and his expectations for 2019.
- 1/25/19: Rockies Extras | Walker falls short of HOFon January 25, 2019 at 7:49 pm
MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss Larry Walker not getting into the Hall this year and his chances of getting selected in his final year on the ballot. Plus, they highlight Jeff Hoffman, who is hoping for a chance to make the starting rotation.
- 1/15/19: Rockies Extras | Arenado's contracton January 15, 2019 at 8:07 pm
Deal or no deal. MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss the latest in salary negotiations between Nolan Arenado and the club. Plus, they highlight Charlie Blackmon, as he transitions out of center field in 2019.
- 1/11/19: Rockies Extras | Arbitration case rundownon January 12, 2019 at 1:50 am
MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Rockies reporter Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) discuss Nolan Arenado rejecting the team’s offer and potentially setting up an arbitration case. They then talk about Trevor Story and Jon Gray coming to an agreement on one-year deals for 2019 as well.
Colorado Rockies All Time Home Runs
1. Todd Helton 369
2. Larry Walker 258
3. Vinny Castilla 239
4. Carlos Gonzalez 227
5. Dante Bichette 201
6. Troy Tulowitzki 188
7. Nolan Arenado 186
8. Andres Galarraga 172
9. Charlie Blackmon 140
10. Matt Holliday 130
Colorado Rockies All Time Runs Batted In
1. Todd Helton 1406
2. Larry Walker 848
3. Dante Bichette 826
4. Carlos Gonzalez 749
5. Vinny Castilla 745
6. Troy Tulowitzki 657
7. Nolan Arenado 622
8. Andres Galarraga 579
9. Matt Holliday 486
10. Garrett Atkins 479
Colorado Rockies All Time Batting Average
1. Larry Walker .334
2. Matt Holliday .319
3. Dante Bichette .316
Andres Galarraga .316
Todd Helton .316
6. Juan Pierre .308
7. Ellis Burks .306
8. Charlie Blackmon .302
9. DJ LeMahieu .299
Troy Tulowitzki .299
Colorado Rockies All Time Wins
1. Jorge De La Rosa 86
2. Aaron Cook 72
3. Jeff Francis 64
4. Jason Jennings 58
5. Ubaldo Jimenez 56
6. Pedro Astacio 53
7. Jon Gray 43
8. Kevin Ritz 39
9. Jhoulys Chacin 38
German Marquez 38
Colorado Rockies All Time Strikeouts
1. Jorge De La Rosa 985
2. Ubaldo Jimenez 773
3. Pedro Astacio 749
4. Jeff Francis 742
5. Jon Gray 670
6. Jason Jennings 622
7. German Marquez 563
8. Aaron Cook 558
9. Jhoulys Chacin 514
10. Brian Fuentes 470
Colorado Rockies All Time Earned Run Average
1. Ubaldo Jimenez 3.66
2. Jhoulys Chacin 3.78
3. Tyler Chatwood 4.18
4. German Marquez 4.30
5. Jorge De La Rosa 4.35
6. Jon Gray 4.46
7. Aaron Cook 4.53
8. Jason Hammel 4.63
9. Armando Reynoso 4.65
10. Jason Jennings 4.74
Popular Sports Sites