Boston Red Sox News
Red Sox News
- Eovaldi cranks it up (5 100+ mph!) in last starton September 24, 2020 at 4:13 am
Righty empties tank vs. O's, does something he hasn't since 2016
- Pérez tabbed as Sox bid adieu to Fenwayon September 24, 2020 at 3:09 am
Lefty Martín Pérez (3-4, 3.88 ERA) has been a rock of consistency in his first season with the Red Sox, and he'll make his last start of the year when Boston wraps up its home slate against the Orioles on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET, live on MLB.TV. Pérez fired six shutout innings against the Yankees in his last start, taking a no-decision. He has allowed three earned runs or less in eight of his 11 starts. Veteran righty Alex Cobb (1-5, 4.76) will start for Baltimore.
- Highlights from Sox's Game 2 O's thumpingon September 24, 2020 at 12:11 am
Nathan Eovaldi earned the win by striking out eight in his last start of 2020, boosted by a six-run third inning. Catch up with the highlights from Boston.
- Devers has 'toolset,' but 3B issues persiston September 23, 2020 at 11:25 pm
23-year-old leads Majors with 13 errors; Roenicke on his future
- Quite a debut: Pivetta fans 8 in 1st Sox starton September 23, 2020 at 4:38 am
Very early returns positive from Workman-Hembree trade with Philly
Boston Red Sox News
- Nathan Eovaldi's solid outing gives Red Sox 9-1 win over Orioleson September 24, 2020 at 2:57 am
Eovaldi struck out eight batters over six scoreless innings.
- Nick Pivetta sharp in Red Sox debut; Boston beats Orioles 8-3on September 23, 2020 at 3:23 am
Pivetta struck out eight and allowed just one run in five innings pitched.
- A fan climbed the Green Monster and delayed the Red Sox gameon September 20, 2020 at 11:05 pm
"It becomes a hard thing for security to figure out what to do, because you don’t want that guy falling off of there."
- Red Sox finally beat Yankees to snap 12-game skid vs rivalson September 20, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Tanner Houck took a no-hitter into the sixth inning.
- Yankees shut out Red Sox for 10th straight winon September 20, 2020 at 2:54 am
It's the Yankees' 12th straight win over the Red Sox, tying the record for the longest winning streak in the rivalry's history.
News from Around MLB
- MLB tabs independent Atlantic as 'partner league'on September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Major League Baseball is making the independent Atlantic League its first "partner league," a distinction awarded as the expiration nears for MLB's agreement with the affiliated National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues.
- Clevinger pulled after 1 IP with biceps tightnesson September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
The San Diego Padres are awaiting the results of an MRI on right-hander Mike Clevinger, who was pulled from Wednesday's start after only one inning because of tightness in the biceps tendon area of his throwing arm.
- Francona set to join Indians' postseason bubbleon September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona will not return to the dugout during the regular season but is slated to join the team's postseason bubble, president of baseball operations Chris Antonetti said Wednesday.
- Fried exits Braves' win after tweaking left ankleon September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Braves ace Max Fried injured his ankle while fielding a bunt and was forced to leave his final start of the regular season after just one inning Wednesday, but Atlanta manager Brian Snitker doesn't think the injury is serious.
- Rays wrap up first AL East crown since 2010on September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Randy Arozarena homered twice, and the Tampa Bay Rays clinched their first AL East title in 10 years with an 8-5 victory over the New York Mets on Wednesday.
- Trevor Bauer says he deserves NL Cy Young award after pitching Reds to big win in playoff chaseon September 24, 2020 at 3:35 am
Bauer worked eight dominant innings on short rest against the Brewers on Wednesday
- Rays clinch AL East division title for the first time since 2010on September 24, 2020 at 2:24 am
The Rays are also on target to be the top seed in the AL
- Padres' Mike Clevinger exits Wednesday's start vs. Angels with biceps tightnesson September 23, 2020 at 11:53 pm
Clevinger was scratched from Sunday's start with biceps tightness as well
- MLB awards watch: Has Mariners' Kyle Lewis leapfrogged White Sox's Luis Robert for AL Rookie of the Year?on September 23, 2020 at 5:43 pm
For most of the year, it was assumed Robert would win, but that's long since fallen by the wayside
- MLB Prospect Watch: End-of-season awards for White Sox's Luis Robert, Marlins' Sixto Sanchez and otherson September 23, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Luis Robert, Kyle Lewis and Devin Williams receive recognition
- Nathan Eovaldi spins a gem in Red Sox’s 9-1 win over Orioleson September 24, 2020 at 5:44 am
Boston Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi went six innings, allowing no earned runs on seven hits while striking out eight Baltimore Orioles. Boston got plenty of offense and won, 9-1, on Wednesday evening.
- Ramon Laureano homers in Athletics’ 6-4 win over Dodgerson September 24, 2020 at 5:17 am
Oakland Athletics outfielder Ramon Laureano left the yard as the A's topped the Los Angeles Dodgers, 6-4, in a potential World Series preview.
- Evan Longoria homers as Giants top Rockies, 7-2on September 24, 2020 at 5:04 am
San Francisco Giants third baseman Evan Longoria hit his seventh home run of the season in a 7-2 win over the division-rival Colorado Rockies.
- WATCH: Jordan Luplow lifts Indians to second straight walk-off winon September 24, 2020 at 4:14 am
Luplow swung away on 3-0 and took Gio Gonzalez deep.
- An idle spectator in 2018, Shane Bieber is ready to lead Indians’ rotation in 2020 postseasonon September 24, 2020 at 4:13 am
Bieber looks ahead to his playoff debut.
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
History of Franchise
League: American League
|Owner(s)||Fenway Sports Group (John Henry (Principal Owner), Tom Werner (Chairman), Sam Kennedy (President and CEO))|
|General Manager||Dave Dombrowski|
|President of Baseball Operations||Dave Dombrowski|
Arena/Stadium: Fenway Park
Major league titles:
World Series titles: (9)
1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007 2013 2018
AL Pennants: (14)
1903 1904 1912 1915 1916 1918 1946 1967 1975 1986 2004 2007 2013 2018
East Division titles: (10)
1975 1986 1988 1990 1995 2007 2013 2016 2017 2018
Wild card berths: (7)
1998 1999 2003 2004 2005 2008 2009
Boston Red Sox Podcasts
- 2/5/19: Red Sox Extras | Bullpen preview, NE titleon February 5, 2019 at 5:42 pm
The day after the Patriots won their sixth Super Bowl, the Red Sox's equipment truck headed south for Spring Training. MLB.com's Tim McMaster (@MLB_McMaster) and Red Sox reporter Ian Browne (@IanMBrowne) discuss Truck Day (2:30). Tim and Ian go on to take a closer look at the Red Sox’s bullpen, including likely new closer Matt Barnes (4:04).
- 2/1/19: Red Sox Extras | Previewing the rotationon February 2, 2019 at 12:31 am
The Red Sox's starting rotation returns intact to attempt a title defense. MLB.com’s Tim McMaster (@MLB_McMaster) and Red Sox reporter Ian Browne (@IanMBrowne) preview the starters from Chris Sale to Eduardo Rodriguez. Tim and Ian also discuss the Minor League signing of Jenrry Mejia (:45) and the latest on Craig Kimbrel (2:00).
- 1/25/19: Red Sox Extras | Getting Ready for Spring Trainingon January 25, 2019 at 10:39 pm
MLB.com’s Tim McMaster and Red Sox reporter Ian Browne are getting you ready for Spring Training. They discuss Tyler Thornburg’s health and hopes heading into 2019 (:35). Tim and Ian go on to talk about Curt Schilling and Roger Clemens gaining ground in the Hall of Fame vote (3:10), before breaking down the club’s catcher and DH positions (10:20).
- 1/17/19: Red Sox Extras | Dissecting Boston's infield depthon January 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm
The Red Sox have impressive depth across their infield. MLB.com’s Tim McMaster (@MLB_McMaster) and Red Sox reporter Ian Browne go around the horn in their infield preview (2:00). Then, Tim and Ian discuss prospect Michael Chavis and the expectations surrounding the third baseman heading into 2019 (11:20).
- 1/11/19: Red Sox Extras | Betts' deal, Sox outfieldon January 11, 2019 at 8:42 pm
Mookie Betts signs a record-setting deal to avoid arbitration. MLB.com’s Tim McMaster (@MLB_McMaster) and Red Sox reporter Ian Browne discuss what it means for the AL MVP’s long-term future in Boston (:45). Tim and Ian go on to preview the rest of the Red Sox’s outfield heading into 2019 (4:45).
Boston Red Sox All Time Home Runs
Boston Red Sox All Time Runs Batted In
Boston Red Sox All Time Batting Average
Boston Red Sox All Time Wins
Boston Red Sox All Time Strikeouts
Boston Red Sox All Time Earned Run Average
Popular Sports Sites