Latest Sports Headlines
- NHL viewers club: Battle of Pennsylvania needs OTon April 7, 2020 at 12:51 pm
Let's head back to Jan. 31 for a clash between the Pens and Flyers. Here's what to watch as you view it again.
- NHL Awards Watch: You pick the winners!on April 7, 2020 at 12:51 pm
We break down the races for all the major awards, and provide polls for each to have you tell us who should win each trophy.
- What Augusta National might look and play like for a fall Masterson April 7, 2020 at 12:36 pm
The Masters has long been a staple of spring. If the world shows up this year at Augusta National, it'll be in November. So how will the course change?
- Untold tales of the Iron Man who saved baseballon April 7, 2020 at 12:22 pm
Cal Ripken Jr. brought baseball back after the strike with his record-breaking run in 1995. Here are some stories of the summer of 2,131 you might not have heard.
- Sources: Rams, Chargers set for 'Hard Knocks'on April 7, 2020 at 12:15 pm
The show "Hard Knocks" may feature two teams, the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers, for the first time, sources tell ESPN -- if there are training camps.
- Paralympians adapt to new challenges as virus spreadson April 7, 2020 at 1:01 pm
Athletes and coaches are trying to adapt after the Paralympics were delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic
- Thomas Müller extends contract at Bayern Munichon April 7, 2020 at 9:52 am
Thomas Müller has signed a two-year contract extension with Bayern Munich
- The Latest: Italian and Catalan MotoGP races postponedon April 7, 2020 at 8:56 am
The Italian and Catalan MotoGP races have been postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak
- Anything and everything is on the table as NHL attempts to finish seasonon April 7, 2020 at 6:24 am
Anything and everything is on the table if commissioner Gary Bettman’s objective to complete the 2019-20 NHL season is to be realized.
- Monday Sports in Briefon April 7, 2020 at 6:20 am
Monday Sports in Brief
- Report: MLB focusing on plan that could start 2020 season in Arizona as early as Mayon April 7, 2020 at 5:18 am
Under the proposed plan, players would reportedly move between only stadiums and isolated hotels, with every game played in the Phoenix area.
- NBA mock draft: How early could LaMelo Ball go?on April 7, 2020 at 4:26 am
USA TODAY Sports' Scott Gleeson breaks down his latest 2020 NBA mock draft.
- Full UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje fight card unveiledon April 7, 2020 at 2:49 am
UFC 249 may not be moving forward fully as planned, but UFC President Dana White has thus far followed through on his promise to put together a fight card which he intends to have take place on April 18.Lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov had been slated to defend against Tony Ferguson in Brooklyn, N.Y., but COVID-19 concerns nixed that location. The pandemic restrictions also forced Nurmagomedov off of the fight card.White didn't give up on the event, however, eventually finding a location where it could take place in the United States. He has yet to reveal where that location is. According to ESPN, not even the fighters or managers have been looped in on the location yet. It is believed to be somewhere along the West Coast of the U.S. and expected to serve as a de facto UFC home base for follow-up events beyond UFC 249 until operations able to return to some semblance of normalcy.The revamped fight card has a new headliner. White revealed midday on Monday that Ferguson would now face fellow contender Justin Gaethje for an interim lightweight championship on April 18.Monday evening, the rest of the UFC 249 fight card was released, including bouts such as the rematch between former strawweight champions Jessica Andrade and Rose Namajunas, Francis Ngannou vs. Jair Rozenstruik, Jacare Souza vs. Uriah Hall, and several other bouts.In all, the UFC 249 fight card currently has a slate of 12 bouts, and is still expected to be a Pay-Per-View offering via the ESPN+ app.* * *TRENDING > Editorial: UFC 249 is not about Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson* * * UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje full fight card * Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje* * Jessica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas * Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price * Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar * Francis Ngannou vs. Jair Rozenstruik * Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo Souza * Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan De Castro * Alexander Hernandez vs. Omar Morales * Marlon Vera vs. Ray Borg * Khama Worthy vs. Michael Johnson * Sijara Eubanks vs. Sarah Moras * Ryan Spann vs. Sam Alvey*For the interim UFC lightweight championship
- ITB Extra: Did Jim Harbaugh, Michigan Move Needle With King Brothers?on April 7, 2020 at 1:34 am
Detroit cornerback Kalen King holds a Michigan offer. Brandon Brown The Wolverine's EJ Holland has the latest on two top 2021 Michigan targets ahead of their upcoming decisions.Click Here to read this update.
- Mississippi State player decides to transfer after Mike Leach's controversial tweeton April 7, 2020 at 1:17 am
"I didn't feel comfortable with my son being down there with a guy like that," said the father of former Mississippi State player Fabien Lovett.
- Relive the night Buster Douglas shocked the world by knocking out Mike Tyson April 7, 2020In 1990, Buster Douglas shocked the world when he knocked out Mike Tyson in a heavyweight championship fight in Tokyo. Douglas turns 60 years old on April 7, 2020.
- Opinion: Expanded playoffs add another layer of hope … if NFL season proceeds as planned April 7, 2020Yes, the NFL will have more playoff football starting in the 2020 season. But the expanded field might not necessarily be a good thing.
- Michael Jordan's game-worn, autographed 'Dream Team' jersey to be sold at auction April 7, 2020An autographed "Dream Team" jersey worn by Michael Jordan during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics is being auctioned, with bidding starting at $25,000.
- Report: Nebraska expels two former football players after sexual misconduct violations April 7, 2020Nebraska expelled redshirt freshmen football players Katerian LeGrone and Andre Hunt after sexual misconduct violations, according to ESPN
- Soccer star Carli Lloyd shows positive mindset through 2021 Olympics prep, panel for young athletes April 7, 2020USWNT star Carli Lloyd is not looking negatively on postponement of Olympics. Instead, she sees it as a way for her to possibly end career with gold.
Detroit Sports Frenzy Instagram Posts
Error: Access Token for detroitsportsfrenzy is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
Please Like us on our Facebook Page!
Latest Sports News Videos
Detroit Sports Frenzy is always ready to hear from our readers and share information and other sports information from different platforms of Social media. Please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the site or ideas on how to improve the site. You can also find us on many Social Media networks. Check us out at https://www.facebook.com/detroitsportsfrenzy/ or https://twitter.com/FrenzyDetroit and also our User name at Pinterest is dsportsfrenzy. We would love to hear your feedback!!
Which Detroit Team is the Best Franchise in the City?
Who Rules over Detroit?
The question is sometimes asked, which team rules the motor city? Well, let’s look at the four teams that have been a part of the heart of the city for generations.
The City has been blessed with a rich history of great players, managers, stadiums and championship seasons. The Red Wings are the most recent to have won a championship, winning their most recent one in 2008. That championship boosted their total of Stanley Cup Championship wins to eleven. The Wings have won the most championships in the motor city. Many terrific players have come through the organization including Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Steve Yzerman, Nickolas Lidstrom and Chris Osgood. Detroit got extremely lucky when they signed long time head coach Scotty Bowman. He turned the organization around from its losing ways and guided us to three championships.
There have been many memorable moments from the Detroit Pistons as well. They had two great runs in their history. One led by Isiah Thomas in the late 80s and early 90s with the Bad Boys teams and Chauncey Billups leading the way with his championship team with a win in the 2004 NBA Finals. The franchise is known for many colorful characters including Bill Laimbeer, Dennis Rodman, John Salley, Joe Dumars, Richard Hamilton and Ben Wallace. The most famous head coach for the Pistons was the great Chuck Daly, who helped his Pistons triumph in 2 championships.
When a person brings up the name Detroit Lions, one immediately thinks of star running back Barry Sanders and his awesome and breath taking runs towards the end zone. But there have also been many other great players in their history including Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford, Billy Sims, Chris Spielman and Bobby Layne. Unfortunately the team has never won a Super Bowl and their last appearance in an NFC Championship game was in 1991 against the Washington Redskins. The colorful Wayne Fontes was the head coach of that team and is probably the most famous of all the Lions most recent coaches.
When we talk about Detroit sports of course we can not forget about the rich tradition of the Detroit Tigers. They have won 4 championships, with the last one being in 1984. We can go on and on about star players. But some of the most memorable ones include Ty Cobb, Charlie Gehringer, Hank Greenburg, Mickey Lolich, Jack Morris, Alan Trammell, and current player Miguel Cabrera. Sparky Anderson led the great 1980’s Tigers with many division title runs and Jim Leyland led his talented teams with World Series appearances in 2006 and 2012.
There have been numerous Tiger memories over the past 100 plus years, with the Tigers being the oldest of the Detroit franchises. Many championships and parades have marched through the city during the great years. It is extremely hard to pick a clear winner of the four teams. But, if you were to pick just one whom you thought was the best or the team you had the most fun watching, who would you choose?
Popular Sports Sites