Los Angeles Angels Baseball News
Keep up with the latest Los Angeles Angels Baseball News. The American League West Angels are led by a number of great players including Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani and also pitcher Patrick Sandoval. Phil Nevin is the manager of the team and he will expect his team to play hard each and every night. Will the team have the right chemistry this season to make another playoff run and win an MLB World Series?
- Not done yet: Busy Angels seek more at Winter Meetingson November 30, 2022 at 1:51 am
GM Minasian sees 'opportunities out there' for rotation, bullpen, infield improvements
- Newest Angel excited for starting RF jobon November 30, 2022 at 12:23 am
- Injuries & Moves: Devenski gets Minors dealon November 29, 2022 at 4:08 am
- Ohtani honored with 2nd straight Outstanding DH Awardon November 28, 2022 at 11:32 pm
- Experts draft ’23 ROY candidates -- see where Angels’ O’Hoppe landson November 26, 2022 at 2:29 am
Los Angeles Times
- Ever on the move, Hunter Renfroe ready for next chapter with the Angelson November 23, 2022 at 11:35 pm
After being acquired by the Angels, outfielder Hunter Renfroe will be playing for his fifth team in five seasons.
- Angels trade for slugging outfielder Hunter Renfroeon November 23, 2022 at 4:04 am
The Angels acquired outfielder Hunter Renfroe from the Milwaukee Brewers for pitchers Janson Junk and Elvis Peguero, and minor league pitcher Adam Seminaris.
- The Angels already have a third baseman. So why did they acquire Gio Urshela?on November 18, 2022 at 10:08 pm
The Angels trade for Twins infielder Gio Urshela, sending pitcher Alejandro Hidalgo to Minnesota. Angels GM Perry Minasian explains why he made the move.
- Shohei Ohtani finishes second in AL MVP race to Yankees' Aaron Judgeon November 18, 2022 at 12:49 am
Angels two-way star Shohei Ohtani's excellent season isn't enough to overcome Aaron Judge's 62 home runs as the Yankees outfielder wins the AL MVP award.
- Tyler Anderson explains why signing with Angels was a 'no-brainer'on November 17, 2022 at 9:10 pm
Former Dodgers pitcher Tyler Anderson says staying on the West Coast factored in his decision to sign with the Angels. What role do the Angels see for him?
News from Around MLB
- Hall of Famer Perry, spitball master, dies at 84on December 1, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Baseball Hall of Famer and two-time Cy Young winner Gaylord Perry, a master of the spitball, died Thursday. He was 84.
- Sources: Tigers reunite with Boyd to bolster staffon December 1, 2022 at 5:07 pm
Left-hander Matthew Boyd and the Detroit Tigers are in agreement on a one-year contract, sources told ESPN, reuniting the 31-year-old and the team with whom he spent the majority of his career.
- 'It's a never-ending process': How Trea Turner evolved into a potential $300 million free agenton December 1, 2022 at 12:05 pm
For all the talk about Aaron Judge, Turner is right there as this winter's top free agent. Here's why.
- Puig changing plea to not guilty of lying in probeon December 1, 2022 at 6:19 am
Former major league outfielder Yasiel Puig has decided to withdraw his agreement to plead guilty to a charge of lying to federal agents investigating an illegal gambling operation.
- Hot stove survey: Where will deGrom and Judge sign? Who will get traded?on December 1, 2022 at 2:23 am
We asked insiders to predict where stars will land and which teams will spend big this winter.
- Gaylord Perry, Baseball Hall of Famer and two-time Cy Young winner, dies at 84on December 1, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Perry was a master of the spitball and pitched in parts of 22 MLB seasons
- MLB rumors: Guardians continue pursuit of Sean Murphy; under-the-radar reliever drawing wide intereston December 1, 2022 at 4:52 pm
We're a few days away from the 2022 MLB Winter Meetings
- Flamethrower Shintaro Fujinami posted by Japan's Hanshin Tigers, could be MLB relieveron December 1, 2022 at 4:50 pm
Fujinami was considered a rival of Shohei Ohtani during his younger days, but projects as a reliever in the majors
- Batting Around: Where will Jacob deGrom land in MLB free agency and for how much?on December 1, 2022 at 2:36 pm
The former Mets ace is one of the prized picks of the offseason, if he can stay healthy
- Aaron Judge free agency: Four options for Yankees if record-setting slugger signs elsewhereon December 1, 2022 at 2:26 pm
Retaining Judge is Plan A for the Yankees in free agency, but what if he lands somewhere else?
- Astros offseason options: 5 scenarios for the defending championson December 1, 2022 at 7:38 pm
The Astros won the 2022 World Series and currently don't have a general manager. Ace Justin Verlander is a free agent. What could they do this winter?
- MLB free-agency tracker: Signings, best players availableon November 30, 2022 at 12:29 am
Let's look at some of the biggest moves that have been made, along with the top players available.
- Houston Astros' sign Jose Abreu and Justin Verlander meets with the Dodgers | Flippin' Batson November 29, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Ben Verlander and Alex Curry discuss the latest Free Agent news with the Houston Astros signing Jose Abreu to a three year deal. They also discuss if the Abreu signing helps convince Justin Verlander to resign with the Astros. Verlander just met with the Los Angeles Dodgers and they talk about if Dodgers' fans would even accept Verlander to the team. Ben also reads some mean tweets.
- Do you think you can name all these MLB Free Agents? | Flippin' Batson November 29, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Ben Verlander and Alex Curry play "Name That Free Agent". Ben gets 30 seconds to guess the Free Agent with only knowing the last three teams he played for!
- MLB Hall of Fame: Should Carlos Beltran, Scott Rolen & others be inducted? | Flippin' Batson November 29, 2022 at 10:36 pm
Ben Verlander and Alex Curry breakdown the 2023 BBWAA Hall of Fame class and whether or not anyone will get inducted this year. They discuss whether names like Jeff Kent, Carlos Beltran, Scott Rolen, Francisco Rodriguez, Billy Wagner, and Andruw Jones will/should be inducted to the Hall of Fame.
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
History of Franchise
League: American League
Division: West Division
|General Manager||Billy Eppler|
|President of Baseball Operations||John Carpino|
Arena/Stadium: Angel Stadium
|World Series titles (1)||2002|
|AL Pennants (1)||2002|
|West Division titles (9)|
|Wild card berths (1)||2002|
Los Angeles Angels Podcasts
- 2/7/19: Angels Extras | Expectations for Pujolson February 7, 2019 at 10:32 pm
MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Angels reporter Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) discuss the latest with Albert Pujols and the possible roles for him in 2019. Plus, how will the club fit Shohei Ohtani back in the lineup once he returns from surgery and could Mike Trout exceed expectations this year? To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices
- 1/23/19: Angels Extras | Angels sign Allen as closeron January 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm
The Angels sign Cody Allen to be their closer. MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Angels reporter Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) discuss the move and the expectations for the righty this season. Plus, they highlight Kole Calhoun who hopes to bounce back this year and have a strong impact on the field. To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices
- 1/16/19: Angels Extras | Is Anaheim long-term plan?on January 16, 2019 at 7:55 pm
MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Angels reporter Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) discuss the team staying in Anaheim through 2020 and if that will be the long-term plan. Plus, they highlight Zack Cozart, who hopes to bounce back in his second year with the Angels. To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices
- 1/11/19: Angels Extras | Halos' bullpen, closer planson January 11, 2019 at 8:16 pm
MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Angels reporter Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) discuss the club’s plan for bullpen and closer. Plus, will prospect Griffin Canning get a shot in the Majors this season? To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices
- 1/4/19: MLB.com Extras | Los Angeles Angelson January 4, 2019 at 6:06 pm
Health will be a big key for the Angels with the upcoming 2019 season. MLB.com’s Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) and Angels reporter Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) break it all down. Plus, they highlight the importance of getting Jonathan Lucroy as their catcher and they look at the starting-rotation depth after the club signed Matt Harvey and Trevor Cahill. To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices
Los Angeles Angels All Time Home Runs
1. Tim Salmon 299
2. Garret Anderson 272
3. Mike Trout 245
4. Brian Downing 222
5. Albert Pujols 189
6. Troy Glaus 182
7. Vladimir Guerrero 173
8. Chili Davis 156
9. Bobby Grich 154
10. Don Baylor 141
Los Angeles Angels All Time Runs Batted In
1. Garret Anderson 1292
2. Tim Salmon 1016
3. Brian Downing 846
4. Mike Trout 660
5. Albert Pujols 657
6. Darin Erstad 625
7. Chili Davis 618
8. Vladimir Guerrero 616
9. Bobby Grich 557
10. Jim Fregosi 546
Los Angeles Angels All Time Batting Average
1. Vladimir Guerrero .319
2. Rod Carew .314
3. Mike Trout .308
4. Garret Anderson .296
Johnny Ray .296
6. Luis Polonia .294
7. Juan Beniquez .293
8. Howie Kendrick .292
9. Chone Figgins .291
10. Jim Edmonds .290
Los Angeles Angels All Time Wins
1. Chuck Finley 165
2. Jered Weaver 150
3. Nolan Ryan 138
4. Mike Witt 109
5. John Lackey 102
Frank Tanana 102
7. Ervin Santana 96
8. Mark Langston 88
9. Clyde Wright 87
10. Kirk McCaskill 78
Los Angeles Angels All Time Strikeouts
1. Nolan Ryan 2416
2. Chuck Finley 2151
3. Jered Weaver 1598
4. Mike Witt 1283
5. Frank Tanana 1233
6. John Lackey 1201
7. Ervin Santana 1167
8. Mark Langston 1112
9. Dean Chance 857
10. Rudy May 844
Los Angeles Angels All Time Earned Run Average
1. Andy Messersmith 2.78
2. Dean Chance 2.83
3. Troy Percival 2.99
4. Nolan Ryan 3.07
5. Frank Tanana 3.08
6. George Brunet 3.13
7. Scot Shields 3.18
8. Paul Hartzell 3.27
9. Clyde Wright 3.28
10. Jim McGlothlin 3.37
Popular Sports Sites