Los Angeles Chargers News
News from Around the NFL
- Sports world reacts to Breonna Taylor grand jury announcementon September 24, 2020 at 12:51 pm
A Kentucky grand jury indicted Louisville police officer Brett Hankison on three counts of wanton endangerment in the first degree in the shooting case of Breonna Taylor. Athletes from all over the sports world took to social media to react.
- Facial hair faceoff: Gardner Minshew's mustache vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick's beardon September 24, 2020 at 12:46 pm
Thursday "mane" event pits a famous beard against a famous 'stache, and some entertaining pregame banter.
- Sam Darnold isn't a bust, but Colts-Jets 2018 trade now feels one-sidedon September 24, 2020 at 12:41 pm
The Jets made a bold move in March 2018 to draft Sam Darnold. He could be great someday, but the Colts' pick of Quenton Nelson looks greater.
- The real Gardner Minshew? An 'accountant' and 'ultimate competitor' for Jaguarson September 24, 2020 at 12:40 pm
The public sees the funny, quirky and affable public side of the Jaguars quarterback. Minshew's teammates see a QB who is all business when necessary.
- Barnwell ranks the 0-2 NFL teams: Are the Texans, Eagles and Vikings really this bad?on September 24, 2020 at 11:46 am
Houston has had a tough schedule, but Philadelphia and Minnesota just don't look right. Which winless teams still have a shot?
- Five things you may not know about Gale Sayers, the NFL legend who died at age 77on September 23, 2020 at 11:49 pm
The Kansas Comet dazzled NFL fans during his brief but remarkable career
- NFL Week 3 injuries: D.J. Chark questionable, Kenny Golladay trending in right direction and more updateson September 23, 2020 at 11:33 pm
A complete rundown of every single team's final injury report heading into this weekend's slate of games
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan says Nick Mullens is likely to start at quarterback vs. Giants in Week 3on September 23, 2020 at 10:29 pm
Jimmy Garoppolo, meanwhile, is a long shot to take the practice field this week
- Pete Prisco's NFL Week 3 odds, picks: Packers over Saints on road, Cowboys cover vs. Seahawks in wild gameon September 23, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Prisco reveals his NFL picks for Week 3, including why the Chiefs will win in Baltimore
- Saints' Drew Brees pushes back on notion he's in decline: 'I feel good, borderline great'on September 23, 2020 at 10:13 pm
The 41-year-old QB has been uncharacteristically out of sync during New Orleans' 1-1 start
- Colin Cowherd, Jason McIntyre leaning toward Ravens (-4) and the over (53.5) vs. Chiefs | TALK THE LINEon September 22, 2020 at 5:15 pm
Colin Cowherd believes the Baltimore Ravens will finally get the best of the Kansas City Chiefs after going 0-2 against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs since the reigning Super Bowl MVP became the starter. Jason McIntyre is leaning toward the Ravens covering four points as well and both guys like the over 53.5 play.
- Colin Cowherd think Lions players might ‘bail’ on Matt Patricia, likes Cardinals -5.5 | TALK THE LINEon September 22, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Colin Cowherd said he just doesn’t know how much fight the Detroit Lions have left for head coach Matt Patricia after starting 0-2 in the 2020 season. With quarterback Kyler Murray firing on all cylinders for the Arizona Cardinals, Colin likes Arizona to cover 5.5 points against Detroit.
- Colin Cowherd & Jason McIntyre are on opposite ends of the Bills (-3) vs. Rams matchup | TALK THE LINEon September 22, 2020 at 5:04 pm
The Buffalo Bills open as three-point favorites against the Los Angeles Rams with both teams entering the game at 2-0. Hear why Colin Cowherd and Jason McIntyre disagree over how this game will shake out.
- Colin Cowherd: Cowboys, Seahawks’ lack of pass rush makes over 55 look great | TALK THE LINEon September 22, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Colin Cowherd and Jason McIntyre are in agreement that the lackluster defenses of the Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks make it likely the over (55) will hit on Sunday.
- Saquon Barkley’s season-ending torn ACL: How will it affect him in the long run?on September 22, 2020 at 5:02 am
Former New England Patriots head physician, Dr. Matt Provencher, breaks down the litany of injuries that occurred in Week 2 of the NFL season, including New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley, who tore his ACL.
History of Franchise
Conference: American Football Conference
Division: AFC West
Stadium: Dignity Health Sports Park
City: Carson, California
Owner: Dean Spanos
Chairman: Dean Spanos
General manager: Tom Telesco
Head coach: Anthony Lynn
League championships: (1)
AFL Championships: (pre-1970 AFL–NFL merger) (1)
Conference championships: (1)
Division championships: (15)
AFL Western: 1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965
AFC West: 1979, 1980, 1981, 1992, 1994, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
Playoff appearances: (19)
AFL: 1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965
NFL: 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1992, 1994, 1995, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2018
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
Latest Chargers Videos
Fantasy Focus Football Podcast (ESPN.com)
Skip and Shannon: Undisputed
All times ET
2019 Chargers Passing Leader
Philip Rivers 4,615 Yards
2019 Chargers Rushing Leader
Melvin Gordon 612 Yards
2019 Chargers Receiving Leader
Keenan Allen 1,199 Yards
|2018 Los Angeles Chargers season|
|Head coach||Anthony Lynn|
|General manager||Tom Telesco|
|Home field||StubHub Center|
|Division place||2nd AFC West|
|Playoff finish||Won Wild Card Playoffs|
(at Ravens) 23–17
Lost Divisional Playoffs
(at Patriots) 28–41
|Pro Bowlers||QB Philip Rivers|
RB Melvin Gordon
WR Keenan Allen
C Mike Pouncey
DE Melvin Ingram
S Derwin James
ST Adrian Phillips
|AP All-Pros||DB Desmond King (1st team)|
PR Desmond King (2nd team)
S Derwin James (1st team)
DB Derwin James (2nd team)
ST Adrian Phillips (1st team)
Los Angeles Chargers All Time Passing Yards
|10||Billy Joe Tolliver||3,671|
Los Angeles Chargers All Time Rushing Yards
Los Angeles Chargers All Time Receiving Yards
Popular Sports Sites