New England Patriots News
- Patriots injury report: Andrews absent, Edelman limitedon September 23, 2020 at 11:22 pm
James White was also out from Patriots practice Wednesday.
- Belichick and the Patriots are looking forward to a 'big challenge' against the Raiderson September 23, 2020 at 7:42 pm
"It’ll be a big challenge for us to compete with these guys, but we're getting ready for it and looking forward to it."
- What Bill Belichick said about Aqib Talib claiming the Patriots wanted to re-sign him in the offseasonon September 23, 2020 at 6:58 pm
Belichick didn't deny Talib's story.
- How Kyle Dugger is already making his presence felt for the Patriotson September 23, 2020 at 3:15 pm
It might be time to start reconsidering just how much of an impact New England’s second-round pick can make.
- Bill Belichick's ragged sweatshirt echoed Cam Newton's joke about getting to dress Patriots coacheson September 23, 2020 at 2:48 pm
"If I hit certain incentives, I would be able to dress all the coaches, including Bill Belichick."
- Jon Gruden impressed by Cam Newton’s resurgenceon September 24, 2020 at 9:20 am
Raiders coach Jon Gruden praising quarterbacks (or really, players in general) isn’t particularly new. But he took it up a notch when discussing Patriots quarterback Cam Newton, harkening back to 2011, when he was filming television specials with the then-Auburn quarterback, before he became the top overall pick. “I call him Slam, Slam Newton,” Gruden [more]
- Raiders put Richie Incognito on injured reserveon September 23, 2020 at 9:21 pm
Raiders left guard Richie Incognito left Monday night’s win over the Saints with an Achilles injury and it is going to keep him off the field a while longer. Incognito was placed on injured reserve on Wednesday. He will be eligible to return to action after missing three games. The Raiders put rookie John Simpson [more]
- Michael Dickson snags NFC special teams player of the weekon September 23, 2020 at 1:01 pm
Russell Wilson‘s five touchdown passes and the Seattle defense stuffing Cam Newton on the final play of the game were the headlines after the Seahawks beat the Patriots 35-30 last Sunday night, but punter Michael Dickson‘s work didn’t go unnoticed by the NFL. Dickson has been named the NFC’s special teams player of the week. [more]
- N’Keal Harry: Quandre Diggs reached out, helmet-to-helmet hit was unintentionalon September 23, 2020 at 10:37 am
Seahawks safety Quandre Diggs was ejected for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Patriots wide receiver N'Keal Harry on Sunday, but there’s no personal animosity between the two players. Harry said Diggs contacted him to say he wasn’t trying to target his head, and Harry had no hard feelings. “He made it clear he was not trying [more]
- The Week Two Goats (In a Bad Way) drafton September 22, 2020 at 11:50 pm
With Week Two over, it’s time to hand out awards. Good ones, and not-so-good ones. The not-so-good come in the form of our Goats (In a Bad Way) draft. On Tuesday’s PFT Live, Simms and I each drafted three coaches or players who deserve criticism for their performances in Week Two. Do you agree? Disagree? [more]
News from Around the NFL
- Sports world reacts to Breonna Taylor grand jury announcementon September 24, 2020 at 5:21 am
A Kentucky grand jury indicted Louisville police officer Brett Hankison on three counts of wanton endangerment in the first degree in the shooting case of Breonna Taylor. Athletes from all over the sports world took to social media to react.
- Chargers' Taylor had lung punctured by team docon September 24, 2020 at 3:12 am
A Chargers team doctor accidentally punctured Tyrod Taylor's lung just before kickoff Sunday while trying to administer a pain-killing injection, leading to the quarterback missing the team's game against the Chiefs, coach Anthony Lynn told ESPN.
- Raiders' Incognito to IR, out at least 3 weekson September 24, 2020 at 3:12 am
The Raiders put left guard Richie Incognito on injured reserve, dealing their already-banged up offensive line another blow.
- Brees remains confident, feels 'borderline great'on September 24, 2020 at 3:12 am
Despite his subpar start to the season, New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees remains "focused on putting us in position to succeed" as the Saints look to bounce back in Week 3.
- Seahawks QB Wilson now favorite for NFL MVPon September 24, 2020 at 3:12 am
A strong start and increased betting interest have propelled Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson to the top of the odds to win the NFL MVP award this season.
- Five things you may not know about Gale Sayers, the NFL legend who died at age 77on September 23, 2020 at 11:49 pm
The Kansas Comet dazzled NFL fans during his brief but remarkable career
- NFL Week 3 injuries: D.J. Chark questionable, Kenny Golladay trending in right direction and more updateson September 23, 2020 at 11:33 pm
A complete rundown of every single team's final injury report heading into this weekend's slate of games
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan says Nick Mullens is likely to start at quarterback vs. Giants in Week 3on September 23, 2020 at 10:29 pm
Jimmy Garoppolo, meanwhile, is a long shot to take the practice field this week
- Pete Prisco's NFL Week 3 odds, picks: Packers over Saints on road, Cowboys cover vs. Seahawks in wild gameon September 23, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Prisco reveals his NFL picks for Week 3, including why the Chiefs will win in Baltimore
- Saints' Drew Brees pushes back on notion he's in decline: 'I feel good, borderline great'on September 23, 2020 at 10:13 pm
The 41-year-old QB has been uncharacteristically out of sync during New Orleans' 1-1 start
- Colin Cowherd, Jason McIntyre leaning toward Ravens (-4) and the over (53.5) vs. Chiefs | TALK THE LINEon September 22, 2020 at 5:15 pm
Colin Cowherd believes the Baltimore Ravens will finally get the best of the Kansas City Chiefs after going 0-2 against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs since the reigning Super Bowl MVP became the starter. Jason McIntyre is leaning toward the Ravens covering four points as well and both guys like the over 53.5 play.
- Colin Cowherd think Lions players might ‘bail’ on Matt Patricia, likes Cardinals -5.5 | TALK THE LINEon September 22, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Colin Cowherd said he just doesn’t know how much fight the Detroit Lions have left for head coach Matt Patricia after starting 0-2 in the 2020 season. With quarterback Kyler Murray firing on all cylinders for the Arizona Cardinals, Colin likes Arizona to cover 5.5 points against Detroit.
- Colin Cowherd & Jason McIntyre are on opposite ends of the Bills (-3) vs. Rams matchup | TALK THE LINEon September 22, 2020 at 5:04 pm
The Buffalo Bills open as three-point favorites against the Los Angeles Rams with both teams entering the game at 2-0. Hear why Colin Cowherd and Jason McIntyre disagree over how this game will shake out.
- Colin Cowherd: Cowboys, Seahawks’ lack of pass rush makes over 55 look great | TALK THE LINEon September 22, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Colin Cowherd and Jason McIntyre are in agreement that the lackluster defenses of the Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks make it likely the over (55) will hit on Sunday.
- Saquon Barkley’s season-ending torn ACL: How will it affect him in the long run?on September 22, 2020 at 5:02 am
Former New England Patriots head physician, Dr. Matt Provencher, breaks down the litany of injuries that occurred in Week 2 of the NFL season, including New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley, who tore his ACL.
History of Franchise
Conference: American Football Conference
Division: AFC East
Stadium: Gillette Stadium
City: Foxborough, Massachusetts
Owner: Robert Kraft
Chairman: Robert Kraft
CEO: Robert Kraft
President: Jonathan Kraft
General manager: Bill Belichick
Head coach: Bill Belichick
League championships: (6)
Super Bowl championships: (6)
2001 (XXXVI), 2003 (XXXVIII), 2004 (XXXIX), 2014 (XLIX), 2016 (LI), 2018 (LIII)
Conference championships: (11)
AFC: 1985, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Division championships: (20)
AFL East: 1963
AFC East: 1978, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Playoff appearances: (26)
NFL: 1976, 1978, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
Latest Patriots Videos
Fantasy Focus Football Podcast (ESPN.com)
Skip and Shannon: Undisputed
All times ET
2019 Patriots Passing Leader
Tom Brady 4,057 Yards
2019 Patriots Rushing Leader
Sony Michel 912 Yards
2019 Patriots Receiving Leader
Julian Edelman 1,117 Yards
|2018 New England Patriots season|
|Head coach||Bill Belichick|
|General manager||Bill Belichick|
|Home field||Gillette Stadium|
|Division place||1st AFC East|
|Playoff finish||Won Divisional Playoffs (Chargers) 41–28|
Won AFC Championship (at Chiefs) 37–31 (OT)
Won Super Bowl LIII (vs. Rams) 13–3
|Pro Bowlers||Selected but did not participate due to participation in Super Bowl LIII: |
QB Tom Brady
CB Stephon Gilmore
|AP All-Pros||CB Stephon Gilmore (1st team) |
KR Cordarrelle Patterson (2nd team)
New England Patriots All Time Passing Yards
New England Patriots All Time Rushing Yards
New England Patriots All Time Receiving Yards
Popular Sports Sites