Atlanta Braves News
- Anderson gets one more go before playoffson September 24, 2020 at 4:30 am
Ian Anderson will make his final regular-season start when the Braves conclude a four-game series against the Marlins tonight at Truist Park. Anderson has allowed just one hit over at least six scoreless innings in two of his first five career starts. He'll likely start Game 2 of next week's Wild Card Series. First pitch is slated for 7:10 p.m. ET, and the game will be available live on MLB.TV.
- Fried hurts left ankle, to be evaluated Thurs.on September 24, 2020 at 3:27 am
- MLB Pipeline's 2020 All-Rookie Teamon September 23, 2020 at 10:54 pm
- Braves win NL East title for 3rd straight yearon September 23, 2020 at 4:53 am
- How they got there: Braves' 3rd straight title on September 23, 2020 at 2:35 am
News from Around MLB
- MLB tabs independent Atlantic as 'partner league'on September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Major League Baseball is making the independent Atlantic League its first "partner league," a distinction awarded as the expiration nears for MLB's agreement with the affiliated National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues.
- Clevinger pulled after 1 IP with biceps tightnesson September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
The San Diego Padres are awaiting the results of an MRI on right-hander Mike Clevinger, who was pulled from Wednesday's start after only one inning because of tightness in the biceps tendon area of his throwing arm.
- Francona set to join Indians' postseason bubbleon September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona will not return to the dugout during the regular season but is slated to join the team's postseason bubble, president of baseball operations Chris Antonetti said Wednesday.
- Fried exits Braves' win after tweaking left ankleon September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Braves ace Max Fried injured his ankle while fielding a bunt and was forced to leave his final start of the regular season after just one inning Wednesday, but Atlanta manager Brian Snitker doesn't think the injury is serious.
- Rays wrap up first AL East crown since 2010on September 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Randy Arozarena homered twice, and the Tampa Bay Rays clinched their first AL East title in 10 years with an 8-5 victory over the New York Mets on Wednesday.
- Trevor Bauer says he deserves NL Cy Young award after pitching Reds to big win in playoff chaseon September 24, 2020 at 3:35 am
Bauer worked eight dominant innings on short rest against the Brewers on Wednesday
- Rays clinch AL East division title for the first time since 2010on September 24, 2020 at 2:24 am
The Rays are also on target to be the top seed in the AL
- Padres' Mike Clevinger exits Wednesday's start vs. Angels with biceps tightnesson September 23, 2020 at 11:53 pm
Clevinger was scratched from Sunday's start with biceps tightness as well
- MLB awards watch: Has Mariners' Kyle Lewis leapfrogged White Sox's Luis Robert for AL Rookie of the Year?on September 23, 2020 at 5:43 pm
For most of the year, it was assumed Robert would win, but that's long since fallen by the wayside
- MLB Prospect Watch: End-of-season awards for White Sox's Luis Robert, Marlins' Sixto Sanchez and otherson September 23, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Luis Robert, Kyle Lewis and Devin Williams receive recognition
- Nathan Eovaldi spins a gem in Red Sox’s 9-1 win over Orioleson September 24, 2020 at 5:44 am
Boston Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi went six innings, allowing no earned runs on seven hits while striking out eight Baltimore Orioles. Boston got plenty of offense and won, 9-1, on Wednesday evening.
- Ramon Laureano homers in Athletics’ 6-4 win over Dodgerson September 24, 2020 at 5:17 am
Oakland Athletics outfielder Ramon Laureano left the yard as the A's topped the Los Angeles Dodgers, 6-4, in a potential World Series preview.
- Evan Longoria homers as Giants top Rockies, 7-2on September 24, 2020 at 5:04 am
San Francisco Giants third baseman Evan Longoria hit his seventh home run of the season in a 7-2 win over the division-rival Colorado Rockies.
- WATCH: Jordan Luplow lifts Indians to second straight walk-off winon September 24, 2020 at 4:14 am
Luplow swung away on 3-0 and took Gio Gonzalez deep.
- An idle spectator in 2018, Shane Bieber is ready to lead Indians’ rotation in 2020 postseasonon September 24, 2020 at 4:13 am
Bieber looks ahead to his playoff debut.
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
History of Franchise
League: National League
Division: East Division
|General Manager||Alex Anthopoulos|
Arena/Stadium: SunTrust Park
Major league titles
World Series titles: (3)
1914 1957 1995
NL Pennants: (17)
1877 1878 1883 1891 1892 1893 1897 1898 1914 1948 1957 1958 1991 1992 1995 1996 1999
East Division titles: (14)
1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2013 2018 2019
West Division titles: (5)
1969 1982 1991 1992 1993
Wild card berths: (2)
Atlanta Braves Podcasts
- Detrás del Guante – Eddie Pérezon March 26, 2020 at 12:08 pm
En nuestro primer episodio, nuestro alumni estrella, Eddie Pérez, nos habla de su tiempo por las ligas menores y su relación con el gran Greg Maddux. Y nos cuenta un poco de su posición actual con el equipo, con la cual ha podido impactar a todos los receptores que pasan por la organización.
- 2/7/19: Braves Extras | Bullpen previewon February 7, 2019 at 10:52 pm
The Braves have a lot to figure out when it comes to their bullpen. MLB.com's Tim McMaster (@MLB_McMaster) and reporter Mark Bowman (@MLBBowman) discuss who will close (4:45), how Darren O'Day will help (9:00) and what prospects could bolster the 'pen this season (10:40). Tim and Mark start the pod with their reaction to J.T. Realmuto going to the Phillies (:55).
- 2/1/19: Braves Extras | Where outfield ranks in NLon February 2, 2019 at 12:19 am
Where do the Braves stand among the finalists for J.T. Realmuto? MLB.com’s Tim McMaster (@MLB_McMaster) and Mark Bowman (@MLBBowman) have the latest (:30). The guys go on to preview the Braves' outfield, which could be one of the National League’s best (6:15).
- 1/17/19: Braves Extras | Chop Fest, rotationon January 17, 2019 at 11:39 pm
How does the Braves’ rotation stack up against the rest of the NL East? MLB.com’s Tim McMaster (@MLB_McMaster) and Braves reporter Mark Bowman (@MLBBowman) discuss the veterans and prospects (1:00). Tim and Mark also look ahead to Chop Fest coming up this weekend and look back on the career of Terry Pendleton (14:25). Finally, we hear from Kyle Wright, who attended MLB’s Rookie Career Development Program (18:24).
- 1/11/19: Braves Extras | Infield preview, Stewarton January 11, 2019 at 8:31 pm
The Braves’ infield should be a strength in 2019. MLB.com’s Tim McMaster (@MLB_McMaster) and Braves reporter Mark Bowman (@MLBBowman) go around the horn from new addition Josh Donaldson to Freddie Freeman, previewing what Atlanta will have on the dirt (7:30). Tim and Mark also explain the grievance that the Braves won with 2018 Draft pick Carter Stewart (:40) and they touch on some key players who avoided arbitration (3:45)
Atlanta Braves All Time Home Runs
1. Hank Aaron 733
2. Eddie Mathews 493
3. Chipper Jones 468
4. Dale Murphy 371
5. Andruw Jones 368
6. Joe Adcock 239
7. Bob Horner 215
8. Javy Lopez 214
9. Wally Berger 199
10. Freddie Freeman 190
Atlanta Braves All Time Runs Batted In
1. Hank Aaron 2202
2. Chipper Jones 1623
3. Eddie Mathews 1388
4. Dale Murphy 1143
5. Andruw Jones 1117
6. Herman Long 964
7. Hugh Duffy 927
8. Bobby Lowe 872
9. Billy Nash 811
10. Joe Adcock 760
Atlanta Braves All Time Batting Average
1. Billy Hamilton .339
2. Hugh Duffy .332
3. Chick Stahl .327
4. George Sisler .326
5. Jimmy Bannon .319
6. Rico Carty .317
Ralph Garr .317
8. Billy Southworth .315
9. Lance Richbourg .311
10. Hank Aaron .310
Atlanta Braves All Time Wins
Atlanta Braves All Time Strikeouts
Atlanta Braves All Time Earned Run Average
1. Tommy Bond 2.21
2. Tom Hughes 2.22
3. Bill James 2.28
4. Jim Whitney 2.49
5. Art Nehf 2.52
6. Dick Rudolph 2.62
7. Greg Maddux 2.63
8. Pat Ragan 2.74
9. John Clarkson 2.82
Vic Willis 2.82
Popular Sports Sites