New York Yankees News
- What comes next? Yankees postseason FAQon September 24, 2020 at 5:14 am
- 'Bad News Bears' ball not the Yankees' brandon September 24, 2020 at 4:22 am
- Monty makes final audition for playoff roleon September 24, 2020 at 2:41 am
Jordan Montgomery aims to finish on a strong note Thursday as the Yankees play their final road game of the regular season, concluding a four-game series against the Blue Jays at Sahlen Field in Buffalo, N.Y., at 6:37 p.m. ET, live on MLB.TV. Manager Aaron Boone said he expects Montgomery to be part of the club's rotation beginning with the second round of the postseason, if they get there.
- Unprecedented HR power, even for Yankeeson September 23, 2020 at 11:01 pm
- Stanton, Judge can rewrite the narrativeon September 23, 2020 at 12:57 pm
News from Around MLB
- MLB playoff push: Chaos reigns in the NL, plus current postseason bracketon September 24, 2020 at 12:09 pm
The Reds keep surging, the Marlins are fading and don't sleep on the Giants. Here's the latest on the scrambled postseason picture.
- How empty ballparks would have changed MLB history -- and could alter games this Octoberon September 24, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Think you don't make a difference as a fan? As these classic postseason moments prove, you have a lot more power than you realize.
- Dodgers claim NL's top seed, another division titleon September 24, 2020 at 12:06 pm
The Los Angeles Dodgers clinched the National League's top postseason seed and eighth straight division title with a 7-2 victory over the Oakland Athletics on Tuesday.
- MLB tabs independent Atlantic as 'partner league'on September 24, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Major League Baseball is making the independent Atlantic League its first "partner league," a distinction awarded as the expiration nears for MLB's agreement with the affiliated National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues.
- Francona set to join Indians' postseason bubbleon September 24, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona will not return to the dugout during the regular season but is slated to join the team's postseason bubble, president of baseball operations Chris Antonetti said Wednesday.
- Trevor Bauer says he deserves NL Cy Young award after pitching Reds to big win in playoff chaseon September 24, 2020 at 3:35 am
Bauer worked eight dominant innings on short rest against the Brewers on Wednesday
- Rays clinch AL East division title for the first time since 2010on September 24, 2020 at 2:24 am
The Rays are also on target to be the top seed in the AL
- Padres' Mike Clevinger exits Wednesday's start vs. Angels with biceps tightnesson September 23, 2020 at 11:53 pm
Clevinger was scratched from Sunday's start with biceps tightness as well
- MLB awards watch: Has Mariners' Kyle Lewis leapfrogged White Sox's Luis Robert for AL Rookie of the Year?on September 23, 2020 at 5:43 pm
For most of the year, it was assumed Robert would win, but that's long since fallen by the wayside
- MLB Prospect Watch: End-of-season awards for White Sox's Luis Robert, Marlins' Sixto Sanchez and otherson September 23, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Luis Robert, Kyle Lewis and Devin Williams receive recognition
- Nathan Eovaldi spins a gem in Red Sox’s 9-1 win over Orioleson September 24, 2020 at 5:44 am
Boston Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi went six innings, allowing no earned runs on seven hits while striking out eight Baltimore Orioles. Boston got plenty of offense and won, 9-1, on Wednesday evening.
- Ramon Laureano homers in Athletics’ 6-4 win over Dodgerson September 24, 2020 at 5:17 am
Oakland Athletics outfielder Ramon Laureano left the yard as the A's topped the Los Angeles Dodgers, 6-4, in a potential World Series preview.
- Evan Longoria homers as Giants top Rockies, 7-2on September 24, 2020 at 5:04 am
San Francisco Giants third baseman Evan Longoria hit his seventh home run of the season in a 7-2 win over the division-rival Colorado Rockies.
- WATCH: Jordan Luplow lifts Indians to second straight walk-off winon September 24, 2020 at 4:14 am
Luplow swung away on 3-0 and took Gio Gonzalez deep.
- An idle spectator in 2018, Shane Bieber is ready to lead Indians’ rotation in 2020 postseasonon September 24, 2020 at 4:13 am
Bieber looks ahead to his playoff debut.
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
History of Franchise
League: American League
Division: Central Division
|Owner(s)||Yankee Global Enterprises|
(Hal and Hank Steinbrenner, co-chairmen)
|General Manager||Brian Cashman|
|President of Baseball Operations||Randy Levine|
Arena/Stadium: Yankee Stadium (II)
Major league titles:
World Series titles: (27)
1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009
1921 1922 1923 1926 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1942 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1955 1956 1957 1958 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1976 1977 1978 1981 1996 1998 1999 2000 2001 2003 2009
East Division titles: (19)
1976 1977 1978 1980 1981 1996 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2009 2011 2012 2019
Wild card berths: (7)
1995 1997 2007 2010 2015 2017 2018
New York Yankees Podcasts
- Deep to Left with Bucky Dent Episode 15: Long Shotson September 15, 2020 at 5:24 am
This week we bring you not one, but two authors of legendary Yankees home runs. Chris Chambliss drops by to reminisce with Bucky about his own moment of longball lunacy, the walk-off shot that won the 1976 ALCS. Chambliss discusses his treacherous path around the bases, his years coaching the late-90s dynasty and tons more in a conversation you won’t want to miss.
- Deep to Left with Bucky Dent Episode 14: Cover Storyon August 31, 2020 at 10:16 pm
Rick Cerone stops by to reminisce about appearing on the first-ever cover of Yankees Magazine
- Deep To Left With Bucky Dent Episode 13: The Partnershipon August 18, 2020 at 4:00 am
This week, Bucky invites his old double-play partner Willie Randolph to the podcast. Bucky, Jon and Al chat with Willie about their memories of 1978, of playing together for so long, and of their respective managerial careers.
- Deep To Left With Bucky Dent Episode 12: Gamedayon August 4, 2020 at 7:33 am
Finally, finally, finally, we’re talking about baseball games that have actually happened. Bucky chats about the Yankees’ first few games and the joys of watching Gerrit Cole pitch for the team. He also reminisces about Thurman Munson, as he remembers that awful day 41 years ago when his captain’s plane went down.
- Deep to Left With Bucky Dent Episode 11: Coneheadon July 21, 2020 at 5:21 am
This week, Bucky gets David Cone on the phone to chat about the pitcher’s book, FULL COUNT, which recently came out in paperback. The guys discuss pitching philosophy, share funny stories and recall the details behind Cone’s unforgettable perfect game. FULL COUNT can be purchased wherever you find books, or at davidconebook.com.
New York Yankees All Time Home Runs
New York Yankees All Time Runs Batted In
New York Yankees All Time Batting Average
New York Yankees All Time Wins
1. Whitey Ford 236
2. Red Ruffing 231
3. Andy Pettitte 219
4. Lefty Gomez 189
5. Ron Guidry 170
6. Bob Shawkey 168
7. Mel Stottlemyre 164
8. Herb Pennock 162
9. Waite Hoyt 157
10. CC Sabathia 134
New York Yankees All Time Strikeouts
1. Andy Pettitte 2020
2. Whitey Ford 1956
3. Ron Guidry 1778
4. CC Sabathia 1680
5. Red Ruffing 1526
6. Lefty Gomez 1468
7. Mike Mussina 1278
8. Mel Stottlemyre 1257
9. Mariano Rivera 1173
10. Bob Shawkey 1163
New York Yankees All Time Earned Run Average
1. Rich Gossage 2.14
2. Mariano Rivera 2.21
3. Sparky Lyle 2.41
4. Russ Ford 2.54
5. Jack Chesbro 2.58
6. Al Orth 2.72
7. Tiny Bonham 2.73
George Mogridge 2.73
9. Hank Borowy 2.74
10. Whitey Ford 2.75
Popular Sports Sites