Cincinnati Reds News
- Bauer dominates, says 'gimme dat' Cyon September 24, 2020 at 3:40 am
- Miley activated, to pitch out of 'penon September 24, 2020 at 1:51 am
- Highlights from Reds' huge win vs. Crewon September 24, 2020 at 12:06 am
Joey Votto snapped an 0-for-31 skid vs. Milwaukee pitching dating back to last season to back Trevor Bauer's eight-inning, one-run gem on short rest. Eugenio Suárez also went deep. Catch all the top plays from the series finale between the National League Central rivals on Wednesday from Great American Ball Park.
- Reds hit road for last time -- in reg. seasonon September 23, 2020 at 11:14 pm
The Reds open their final series on the road looking to clinch a spot in the postseason. They open a three-game set vs. the Twins at Target on Friday at 8:10 p.m., live on YouTube. A staple in the American League Central for seven seasons, Nick Castellanos is a .282 hitter with 12 homers in 88 career games vs. Minnesota. Tyler Mahle will be on the hill for the Reds in what amounts to the biggest start of his brief MLB career.
- Gray returns (8 K), says Reds will be 'all right'on September 23, 2020 at 2:45 am
News from Around MLB
- MLB playoff push: Chaos reigns in the NL, plus current postseason bracketon September 24, 2020 at 12:13 pm
The Reds keep surging, the Marlins are fading and don't sleep on the Giants.
- How empty ballparks would have changed MLB history -- and could alter games this Octoberon September 24, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Think you don't make a difference as a fan? As these classic postseason moments prove, you have a lot more power than you realize.
- Dodgers claim NL's top seed, another division titleon September 24, 2020 at 12:06 pm
The Los Angeles Dodgers clinched the National League's top postseason seed and eighth straight division title with a 7-2 victory over the Oakland Athletics on Tuesday.
- MLB tabs independent Atlantic as 'partner league'on September 24, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Major League Baseball is making the independent Atlantic League its first "partner league," a distinction awarded as the expiration nears for MLB's agreement with the affiliated National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues.
- Francona set to join Indians' postseason bubbleon September 24, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona will not return to the dugout during the regular season but is slated to join the team's postseason bubble, president of baseball operations Chris Antonetti said Wednesday.
- Trevor Bauer says he deserves NL Cy Young award after pitching Reds to big win in playoff chaseon September 24, 2020 at 3:35 am
Bauer worked eight dominant innings on short rest against the Brewers on Wednesday
- Rays clinch AL East division title for the first time since 2010on September 24, 2020 at 2:24 am
The Rays are also on target to be the top seed in the AL
- Padres' Mike Clevinger exits Wednesday's start vs. Angels with biceps tightnesson September 23, 2020 at 11:53 pm
Clevinger was scratched from Sunday's start with biceps tightness as well
- MLB awards watch: Has Mariners' Kyle Lewis leapfrogged White Sox's Luis Robert for AL Rookie of the Year?on September 23, 2020 at 5:43 pm
For most of the year, it was assumed Robert would win, but that's long since fallen by the wayside
- MLB Prospect Watch: End-of-season awards for White Sox's Luis Robert, Marlins' Sixto Sanchez and otherson September 23, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Luis Robert, Kyle Lewis and Devin Williams receive recognition
- Nathan Eovaldi spins a gem in Red Sox’s 9-1 win over Orioleson September 24, 2020 at 5:44 am
Boston Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi went six innings, allowing no earned runs on seven hits while striking out eight Baltimore Orioles. Boston got plenty of offense and won, 9-1, on Wednesday evening.
- Ramon Laureano homers in Athletics’ 6-4 win over Dodgerson September 24, 2020 at 5:17 am
Oakland Athletics outfielder Ramon Laureano left the yard as the A's topped the Los Angeles Dodgers, 6-4, in a potential World Series preview.
- Evan Longoria homers as Giants top Rockies, 7-2on September 24, 2020 at 5:04 am
San Francisco Giants third baseman Evan Longoria hit his seventh home run of the season in a 7-2 win over the division-rival Colorado Rockies.
- WATCH: Jordan Luplow lifts Indians to second straight walk-off winon September 24, 2020 at 4:14 am
Luplow swung away on 3-0 and took Gio Gonzalez deep.
- An idle spectator in 2018, Shane Bieber is ready to lead Indians’ rotation in 2020 postseasonon September 24, 2020 at 4:13 am
Bieber looks ahead to his playoff debut.
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
History of Franchise
League: National League
Division: Central Division
|General Manager||Nick Krall|
|President of Baseball Operations||Dick Williams|
Arena/Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Major league titles
World Series titles: (5)
1919 1940 1975 1976 1990
NL Pennants: (9)
1919 1939 1940 1961 1970 1972 1975 1976 1990
AA Pennants: (1) 1882
NL Central Division titles: (3)
1995 2010 2012
NL West Division titles: (7)
1970 1972 1973 1975 1976 1979 1990
Wild card berths: (1) 2013
Cincinnati Reds Podcasts
- 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers Recapon September 24, 2020 at 3:25 am
The Reds beat the Brewers 6-1 to win the final home game of 2020. Trevor Bauer pitched eight strong innings to earn the victory.
- 9-22-20 Reds vs Brewers Recapon September 23, 2020 at 2:32 am
The Reds lose to the Brewers on Tuesday night 3-2. Sonny Gray Pitched well but Tejay Antone gave up two runs in the 7th and that was the difference in the game.
- 9-21-20 Reds vs Brewers Recapon September 22, 2020 at 3:06 am
The Reds hit three home runs and got another outstanding start from Luis Castillo as they beat the Brewers in game one of a critical 3-game series, 6-3.
- 9-20-20 Reds vs White Sox Recapon September 21, 2020 at 2:21 am
The Reds beat the White Sox on Sunday 7-3. Michael Lorenzen was very good in his start and Lucas Sims was outstanding in relief.
- 9-19-20 Reds vs White Sox Recapon September 20, 2020 at 3:55 am
Reds were shutout by the White Sox on Saturday night 5-0. Chicago hit 5 home runs including back to back to back shots in the 8th.
Cincinnati Reds All Time Home Runs
1. Johnny Bench 389
2. Frank Robinson 324
3. Tony Perez 287
4. Adam Dunn 270
Joey Votto 270
6. Ted Kluszewski 251
7. George Foster 244
8. Jay Bruce 233
9. Ken Griffey Jr. 210
10. Eric Davis 203
Cincinnati Reds All Time Runs Batted In
Cincinnati Reds All Time Batting Average
1. Cy Seymour .332
2. Edd Roush .331
3. Jake Beckley .325
4. Bubbles Hargrave .314
5. Sam Crawford .312
Bug Holliday .312
7. Rube Bressler .311
Ernie Lombardi .311
9. Joey Votto .310
10. Dusty Miller .308
Cincinnati Reds All Time Wins
1. Eppa Rixey 179
2. Tony Mullane 163
3. Paul Derringer 161
4. Bucky Walters 160
5. Dolf Luque 154
6. Will White 136
7. Jim Maloney 134
8. Frank Dwyer 133
9. Joe Nuxhall 130
10. Pete Donohue 127
Noodles Hahn 127
Cincinnati Reds All Time Strikeouts
1. Jim Maloney 1592
2. Mario Soto 1449
3. Joe Nuxhall 1289
4. Jose Rijo 1251
Johnny Vander Meer 1251
6. Bronson Arroyo 1157
7. Aaron Harang 1125
8. Johnny Cueto 1115
9. Paul Derringer 1062
10. Gary Nolan 1035
Cincinnati Reds All Time Earned Run Average
1. Andy Coakley 2.11
2. Fred Toney 2.18
3. Dutch Ruether 2.26
4. Jake Weimer 2.31
5. Bob Ewing 2.37
6. John Franco 2.49
7. Will White 2.51
8. Noodles Hahn 2.52
9. Joe Beggs 2.56
10. Hod Eller 2.62
Popular Sports Sites