Washington Nationals News
- Nats' new third baseman? Their No. 1 prospecton July 4, 2020 at 6:07 pm
- Nats focused on safety as title defense beginson July 4, 2020 at 1:39 am
- Notes: Scherzer sim game; player pool updateson July 3, 2020 at 11:32 pm
- MLB, MLBPA reveal first COVID-19 test resultson July 3, 2020 at 8:51 pm
- Here's the most electrifying star at each positionon July 3, 2020 at 1:38 am
These are the summer blockbusters of ballplayers
- Cade Cavalli, 2020 first-round pick, to join Nationals' pool as third player opts outon July 3, 2020 at 6:21 pm
Washington Nationals manager Dave Martinez revealed Friday that catcher Welington Castillo declined the invitation to join the team's 60-man player pool and opted out of the season. Castillo is the third Nationals player to opt out, following first baseman Ryan Zimmerman and starting pitcher Joe Ross. "I talked to [Castillo] ...
- Nationals open 'summer camp' Friday with important questions loomingon July 2, 2020 at 8:28 pm
The baseball world is headed to summer camp. The s'mores and bunk beds are optional, but playing sports outside is not. With the pandemic-affected Major League Baseball season supposed to start in just a few weeks, players have reported to their teams to prepare for a summer like none they've ...
- Roster shuffle: Plans change in MLB because of health issueson June 30, 2020 at 11:34 pm
PHOENIX -- A small group of players, including Nationals slugger Ryan Zimmerman and Rockies outfielder Ian Desmond, have announced they plan to sit out this season. The Minnesota Twins have shuffled their on-field staff to protect the health of some of their older coaches. As the sport lurches toward a ...
- Muriel Bowser approves Nationals to train, play in D.C.on June 30, 2020 at 5:20 pm
D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser said Tuesday that she will approve the Washington Nationals' waiver to hold training and games without spectators. Director of D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency Chris Rodriguez said the team originally submitted a waiver for training only. But when Major League Baseball announced that games ...
- Ryan Zimmerman, Joe Ross of Nationals opt out of 2020 seasonon June 29, 2020 at 7:20 pm
Washington Nationals first baseman Ryan Zimmerman and right-handed pitcher Joe Ross will opt out of the 2020 Major League Baseball season. “Ryan Zimmerman and Joe Ross have decided not to participate in the 2020 season for the personal health and safety of themselves and their loved ones,” Nationals general manager ...
News from Around MLB
- Freeman among four Braves to test positiveon July 4, 2020 at 6:56 pm
Freddie Freeman, a four-time All-Star who batted .295 last season and set career highs with 38 homers and 121 RBIs, is one of four Braves players to test positive for the coronavirus. The others are Will Smith, Touki Toussaint and Pete Kozma.
- Royals' Perez positive, 'can't wait to be back'on July 4, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Royals catcher Salvador Perez has tested positive for the coronavirus but told reporters he is asymptomatic and could play baseball today if needed.
- The 2020 MLB season is a series of tests -- and the first big one came Fridayon July 4, 2020 at 5:21 pm
Friday's release of initial COVID-19 testing numbers as training camps open is an important first step for Major League Baseball's return, but it is just the beginning.
- Indians to examine 'best path forward' for nameon July 4, 2020 at 2:31 pm
The Cleveland Indians will "determine the best path forward" regarding their team name amid renewed calls for racial equality and social justice, the team announced in a statement Friday.
- Mike Trout has his doubts about the 2020 MLB season. He isn't aloneon July 4, 2020 at 2:07 pm
Baseball's best player is the public face of private concerns many in the game are grappling with as summer camp starts during a pandemic.
- How COVID-19 is impacting MLB: Tracking teams with positive cases and players who have opted outon July 4, 2020 at 6:27 pm
Here are the latest coronavirus updates for MLB teams
- Miguel Sano among four Twins players to test positive for COVID-19on July 4, 2020 at 6:05 pm
Sano will remain away from the Twins for the time being
- Royals' Salvador Perez asymptomatic and in good spirits after testing positive for COVID-19on July 4, 2020 at 5:53 pm
Perez still has 12 days remaining in his quarantine
- KBO DFS: Top DraftKings, FanDuel daily Fantasy baseball picks, advice, player pool for July 5on July 4, 2020 at 5:14 pm
SportsLine's Mike McClure, a DFS pro with nearly $2M in winnings, gives optimal lineup advice.
- Braves' Freddie Freeman has COVID-19 and it is 'going to be a while' until he can join the teamon July 4, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Three other Braves tested positive as well
- Atlanta Braves give no indication of considering name changeon July 4, 2020 at 6:29 pm
Atlanta Braves give no indication of considering name change
- Braves star Freeman, 3 others test positive for viruson July 4, 2020 at 4:10 pm
Atlanta Braves four-time All-Star Freddie Freeman, premier reliever Will Smith and two teammates have tested positive for the coronavirus
- This Date in Baseballon July 4, 2020 at 3:07 pm
This Date in Baseball for July 5
- Cleveland Indians look into changing name amid pressureon July 4, 2020 at 12:49 am
The Cleveland Indians are reviewing their contentious nickname
- 31 MLB players, 7 staff test positive for COVID-19on July 4, 2020 at 12:49 am
Thirty-one Major League Baseball players and seven staff members tested positive for COVID-19 during intake for the resumption of training, a rate of 1.2%.
Subscribe to Detroit Sports Frenzy Today!
History of Franchise
League: National League
Division: East Division
|Owner(s)||The Lerner Family|
|General Manager||Mike Rizzo|
|President of Baseball Operations||Mike Rizzo|
Arena/Stadium: Nationals Park
|Major league titles|
|World Series titles (1)||2019|
|NL Pennants (1)||2019|
East Division titles (5)
Wild Card 2019
Washington Nationals Podcasts
- Curly W Live | From The Booth Ep. 7 - Q&A with Season Plan Holderson July 1, 2020 at 7:59 pm
In this episode, Charlie and Dave answer more questions from Nationals Season Plan Holders, including what they were thinking during different points of NLDS Game 5, what words they would use to describe Stephen Strasburg, and much more. Presented by GEICO.
- Curly W Live | From The Booth Ep. 6 - Q&A with Season Plan Holderson June 29, 2020 at 8:19 pm
In this episode, Charlie and Dave answer more questions from Nationals Season Plan Holders, including what their emotions were heading into Game 7 of the World Series, their favorite under-the-radar moments from 2019 and much more. Presented by GEICO.
- Curly W Live | From The Field Ep. 5 - Fred Frommer (Author)on June 18, 2020 at 7:40 pm
We are joined by D.C. baseball historian Fred Frommer. Fred is the author of several books, including "You Gotta Have Heart: Washington Baseball from Walter Johnson to the 2019 World Series Champion Nationals." On the podcast, we talked about what went into writing this book, some of his favorite D.C. baseball history stories, the comparison between the 1924 Washington Senators and the 2019 Washington Nationals and other parts of D.C. baseball history that listeners might not know.
- Curly W Live | From The Field Ep. 4 - Chris Poitras / Jostenson May 27, 2020 at 3:24 pm
On this episode, we are joined by Chris Poitras, Division VP and GM, College, Sports and Specialty Rings at Jostens, the maker of our 2019 World Series championship ring. Chris brought great insight into what went into making that beautiful piece of jewelry. We talked about the collaboration between the Nationals and Jostens, the symbolism throughout the ring, the process of going from raw materials to final product and he gave us a few other tidbits along the way.
- Curly W Live | From The Booth Ep. 5 - Q&A with Season Plan Holderson May 13, 2020 at 4:20 pm
In this episode, Charlie and Dave answer questions from Nationals Season Plan Holders, including what they thought was the turning point in Game 7 of the World Series, their favorite calls from the 2019 Postseason, and much more. Presented by GEICO.
Washington Nationals All Time Home Runs
1. Ryan Zimmerman 265
2. Vladimir Guerrero 234
3. Andre Dawson 225
4. Gary Carter 220
5. Tim Wallach 204
6. Bryce Harper 184
7. Bob Bailey 118
8. Andres Galarraga 115
Jose Vidro 115
10. Ian Desmond 110
Washington Nationals All Time Runs Batted In
1. Ryan Zimmerman 996
2. Tim Wallach 905
3. Andre Dawson 838
4. Gary Carter 823
5. Vladimir Guerrero 702
6. Tim Raines 556
7. Jose Vidro 550
8. Bryce Harper 521
9. Andres Galarraga 473
10. Bob Bailey 466
Washington Nationals All Time Batting Average
1. Vladimir Guerrero .323
2. Tim Raines .301
Jose Vidro .301
4. Rusty Staub .295
5. Rondell White .293
6. Moises Alou .292
Denard Span .292
8. Trea Turner .289
9. Ellis Valentine .288
10. Anthony Rendon .287
Washington Nationals All Time Wins
1. Steve Rogers 158
2. Stephen Strasburg 109
3. Dennis Martinez 100
4. Gio Gonzalez 86
5. Bryn Smith 81
6. Max Scherzer 77
7. Bill Gullickson 72
8. Livan Hernandez 70
Jordan Zimmermann 70
10. Steve Renko 68
Washington Nationals All Time Strikeouts
1. Stephen Strasburg 1629
2. Steve Rogers 1621
3. Max Scherzer 1317
4. Gio Gonzalez 1215
5. Javier Vazquez 1076
6. Dennis Martinez 973
7. Jordan Zimmermann 903
8. Pedro Martinez 843
9. Livan Hernandez 840
10. Bryn Smith 838
Washington Nationals All Time Earned Run Average
1. Tim Burke 2.61
2. Max Scherzer 2.67
3. Jeff Reardon 2.84
4. Ken Hill 3.04
5. Dennis Martinez 3.06
Pedro Martinez 3.06
7. Dan Schatzeder 3.09
8. Mel Rojas 3.11
9. Steve Rogers 3.17
10. Jeff Fassero 3.20
Popular Sports Sites